By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official Missing Platinum Sellers List

This thread is for the purpose of creating a large a list as possible of games that are million sellers, but have outdated data or are missing data from other regions that prevent them from being one. Many games are less than 100k away from the million mark, and a good percentage of those games have either missing data from a certain region or data from a certain region that is not being tracked as accurately as another and could mean the difference between being above or below the million mark.

Now, I'm going to start off the list with a decent amount of Playstation 2 games that should be at a million or even well over a million. The PS2 has sold a lot of software over the years and has hundreds of million sellers, so Mr. Walton does the best he can and I appreciate his effort. That's why this list can assist him in knowing which games need to be updated.

If there are other games that you believe should be at a million, and you have a good reason for thinking so, feel free to submit it in this thread and I'll add it to my post. This is not a thread for suggesting why games above the million mark may be undertracked or overtracked, but why a certain game is under a million (since that seems to be an important step for many videogames).

Remember, suggest any game on any platform as long as you have good reason to think so. If the games get updated data, I will remove them from the list.

Playstation 2:

Cars:

Current Sales: .98 million

Why it should be over a million:

The game is missing PAL data, and considering how well the game sold in the region on the DS, it would be no surprise to me if this game had sold well over 2 million worldwide.

ATV Off Road Fury 3

Current Sales: .97 million

Why it should be over a million: I know that ATVs aren't particularly popular in Europe, but looking at sales of other ATV games in the region would show that this game sold at least 30k there.

Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus:

Current Sales: .96 million

Why it should be over a million: Sales in Japan and America were strong, and it's very likely that it sold at least 40k in PAL (especially considering that it's a shooter)

Scarface: The World is Yours:

Current Sales: .95 million

Why it should be over a million: Missing PAL data, and sandbox games have shown themselves to be very popular in Europe.

Gun:

Current Sales: .94 million

Why it should be over a million: Missing PAL data, where it likely sold pretty well.

Dragonball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi:

Current Sales: .93 million

Why it should be over a million: Missing PAL data. Considering that Budokai Tenkaichi 3 sold over 800k in PAL, this could have easily sold at least 70k there.

Dance Dance Revolution Extreme 2:

Current Sales: .92 million

Why it should be over a million: Like many games, it's missing PAL data. DDR Max 2 on the PS2 sold about half as much in PAL that it did in America, so this must have sold at least 80k in the region.

Dynasty Warriors 5:

Current Sales: .91 million

Why it should be over a million: The game sold over 900k in Japan alone, and has no data in America or PAL. The game easily sold over 90k in the two regions combined.

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories:

Current Sales: .78 million

Why it should be over a million: Missing PAL data. The PS2 and the GTA series are both immensely popular in Europe, so the missing data could easily put the game over a million.

---Submitted by KillerMan

Spiderman: The Movie 3

Current Sales: .74 million

Why it should be over a million: Easy smeasy. Missing PAL data that would very likely put it over a million.

---Submitted by Killerman

This section will be updated over time, as there are many missing PS2 million sellers.

Nintendo DS:

Metroid Prime Hunters:

Current Sales: .68 million

Why it should be over a million: Missing PAL data. Considering that Metroid Prime 3 on the Wii sold a large amount in the region and that the DS is very popular there, this is likely at a million.

---Submitted by ClaudeLv250

*To be updated

Playstation Portable:

Winning Eleven: Pro Evolution Soccer 2007

Current Sales: .99 million

Why it should be over a million: Possibly outdated PAL data, no American data.

Nintendo Gamecube and Xbox:

Lego Star Wars:

Current Sales: .98 million

Why it should be over a million: Has no PAL data, and only 20k away from a million.

Starfox: Assault:

Current Sales: .82 million

Why it should be over a million: Missing PAL data, and previous Starfox games have sold well there.

Madden NFL 07:

Current Sales: .99 million

Why it should be over a million: No PAL data. Even a miniscule amount of sales could have pushed it over a million.

Personal Computer (PC):

*To be updated

Current Generation (Wii, PS3, X360):

Dance Dance Revolution Hottest Party:

Current Sales: .90 million

Why it should be over a million: Missing Japanese data (where the Wii and the DDR series itself is popular) and PAL data (where casual games are becoming increasingly popular).

WWE Smackdown! vs. RAW 2007

Current sales: .94 million

Why it should be over a million: Outdated PAL data.

Sonic the Hedgehog

Current sales: .93 million

Why it should be over a million: Very outdated and strangely low PAL data, which could put the game over a million with an update.

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07

Current sales: .93 million

Why it should be over a million: Outdated PAL data. With a sales update, it could have a chance of passing a million.

*To be updated

Miscellaneous (any other platforms):

Cars:

Current Sales: .83 million

Why it should be over a million: Missing PAL and Japanese data. Considering the sales of Cars on the DS in PAL, the region could have easily produced .17 million sales.

---Submitted by Neos

Lego Star Wars:

Current Sales: .82 million

Why it should be over a million: Missing PAL data, which could easily put it over the mark.

---Submitted by Neos

Mega Man EXE 6:

Current sales: .62 million

Why it should be over a million: Missing American and PAL sales for the game, which goes under a different name in this regions.

---Submitted by Neos

*To be updated

Around the Network

Cars is a greatest hit... saw it at Wally World. Wally World has Greatest Hits at all registers instead of movies. They are pushing all overstock PS2 software it seems.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Metroid II - One of the many games seemingly affected by the disappearing sales bug from a few months back but it never got its sales restored. There are sales in the database, the totals just aren't showing up.

Metroid: Zero Mission - No sales data at all.

Metroid Prime Hunters - .66 mil with no Others sales.

Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt - Was a DS pack in at launch, pretty much confirmed to be a million seller.

Golden Sun: The Lost Age - Only has Japan data. The original Golden Sun got half of its totalsales from America.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Thanks for the updates guys. I'll work on this over time.

here are some DS's

Kirby: Canvas Curse - no europe

Metroid Prime Hunters - no europe

Spectrobes - no europe and Japan

Around the Network

Wii :

- Cooking mama: Cook Off (0.84 mil), has outdated PAL data, also ELSPA has CM on at least 100k in UK alone, so it's more than likely already over a million

- Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz (0.45 mil) (not sure, but likely) : Has no PAL data, also ELSPA has it on at least 100k in UK alone. So it could be close to a million, also SM games sell well in europe, even considering the lower userbases.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Pichu, I checked up on Canvas Curse. In order for it to have sold a million, it would have had to sell as much in PAL as it did in the other regions, and judging from Squeak Squad and past Kirby games that probably didn't happen. Metroid Hunters I added. As for Spectrobes, I didn't know about that one. Thanks.

Neos, thank you as well. I'll look into them.

GBA:

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (0.89 mil) : No american or european data (a no brainer).

Cars : (0.83 mil): No japanese or european data (very likely to be over a mil)

Lego Star Wars (0.82 mil): No japanese or european data (very likely)

Dragon Quest Monsters 3: Caravan Heart (0.65 mil) : No american or european data (likely, but not 100% sure)

Mega Man EXE 6 (0.62 mil): No american or european data while it was released here under a different name ( http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvance/data/929992.html) (likely)

Pokemon Pinball Ruby / Sapphire (0.44 mil) : no american or european data. Likely because of pokemons popularity in especially America.

DQM3: Caravan Heart wasn't released outside of Japan so scratch that.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

ClaudeLv250 said:
DQM3: Caravan Heart wasn't released outside of Japan so scratch that.

oh, i thought most DQ's got atleast released in america, my bad then.