By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A theory of why KH3 or FFVII remake will be on Wii

soriku, why not to port ffx international then?
they may port small games, but i don't thing they are going to do such 30 millions $ games ports in a week.

Around the Network
joseph21 said:
oh i am going to explain something about processors here.

the wii ps3 xbox360 are IBM powerPC based processors.

ps2 was a custom mips made by sony called emotion engine.

for square enix made kh1, kh2, port for the wii, they would have to port their whole engine, or either, using crystals chronicles engine and recreate all the game again and that won't happen

oh about FF7 comming on the ps1, its well known square wanted CD ROMs, because n64 "cassettes" were only able to hold 32-64mb about that time.
but nintendo refused because of the load time and piratery and scrapped the use of CD ROMs.
sony took what they made with nintendo, and made the ps1, a cd rom based system that square enix happily made their game to.

calm down... for what I see is that you are affraid.

1. This is a theory as the title of this thread says. I never said that these franchises should come up on Wii, but were possible candidates due to the need to bring quality titles that can be successful overseas. The only one they have is Crystal Bearers (Soul Eater may not leave Japan), so they need a more famous one. If none are made it to Wii I wouldn't cry nor get angry. Both franchises didn't hit a Nintendo console for two generations so most of us are ok with it now. There are other RPGs that are comming and if SquareEnix misses the market is their problem, not ours.
  2. Okami wii proved that a quick direct port is possible. They took long because after Clover Studios was scrapped, they didn't have the full engine and had to work on some things from scratch (and Okamy was made for PS2 only just like Kingdom Hearts). Now, we have a company that is relly stable and has the full engine.... A port might be on it's way as we speck and we don't know about it. There are no relase date for KH3 so in a two year wait the two ports can come (no matter what console it will be on, the game will take time in development to fully utilize the system's features).
  3. I know all about the reasons for FFVII to be on PS1 but there more to it and is not relevant on this tread. What I said in my first post was that because of the little to no support to a Nintendo Console for two generations, an opportunity became golden to other companies that: don't have enough resources to make a PS3/360 game without loosing money, or compete with SE in a ground where they have the lower hand (because of past titles, fans tend to buy a SE game rather than a another one's). Those other developers can now battle on "equal ground" because there is no hype from past games. SquareEnix can be disrupted thanks to the Wii and DS "equal" ground. ..............Wii and DS are systems that don't need a Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts (as opposed to other consoles),  but are systems where other developers can make games that in sales can be more succesful than both of them. So you see, they need to deliver on DS on Wii not just because of market size, but because of the other developers that can become RPG leaders.

/*wow, what a bad example. Because...FF X isn't relevant anymore (there isn't a FF X-3 coming out for the Wii or whatever)? Porting KH1/2 Final Mixes would be a good move because Wii fans who haven't played KH1/2 could understand the story so far can play them while anticipating KH3, plus whoever wanted Final Mixes localized...there ya go! FMs only have...a few extras so porting would take little money and get them a lot of money because there's likely many Wii fans who have never played it. Heck, I'd buy KH2 FM for the extras + the CoM remake (never played CoM). With a budget price, say $30 that would be a VERY smart move. */

would be good just if they actually making a kh3 for the wii, but they aren't,

they haven't announced a final mix port, and will not do... the effort to port such huge games is monumental, a smart move maybe, but would be better to begin working on kh3 to a established fanbase that will likely buy the game, than wii fans who have never played kh series.

porting such huge games is not likely to square enix, ffx was the example because of the length of the game, mips cpu and codes engine, not because a ff x-3 was comming.

you can see small ps2 games port to the wii, that are around 10 but never such a huge one as kingdom hearts with so many cutscenes.

if not money they problem but the effort, have you ever try to run a mips made engine on powerpc one?

if possible with little effort in games with less than 30 hours of playability, but games like kingdom hearts with 30-70hrs its not as easy.

i knew okami was going to be a reply, but okami isn't such a long game, doesn't have many cutscenes or characters...like kingdom hearts or final fantasy.

also that port was not made by clovers, but rather ready at dawn + capcom.. also it lacks many enhancements of the ps2 version

i seriously think square will support the wii and DS someone, but i think more like new IP like the world end with you with for the DS and dragon quest series.

joseph21 said:
soriku, why not to port ffx international then?
they may port small games, but i don't thing they are going to do such 30 millions $ games ports in a week.

Actually, if they port small games they will give a lot more opportunity to other developers that are delivering full quality games on Wii and will give SquareEnix an image of a company that cannot expand to a wider market, beyond the "hardcore".

that is not bad for a company.... until is disrupted

the_bloodwalker, yes sadly what square enix is doing now,
with the ds, at least ff3 ff4 were 3d remakes with voice acting.
but they weren't use sellers on the system either.

thats why i believe square will likely use new IP like the world ends with you, dragon quest swords with the wii to be more "casual"

and i seriously don't think the field is equal now, for others companies, tales selling around 120k it first week in the most popular system its no where near what square did with a spin off sequel (crisis core). more than 470k.

soriku, its not that it can't handle it, more like they are emotion engine a mips processor enhanced cut scenes,

those require a port of the graphics engine to be able to run smoothly... look what happen with okami even if didn't had many cut scenes many stuff was cut to make the game run better.

the easiest example i can think us is AMD and Intel 32bit 64bit processors.

you can't run a 64bit windows in a 32bits processors without emulation or the intructions of the processor, a port of the windows to a 32bit one.

hell even the ps3 40gb would have ps2 compatibility if they could do that, since they remove the emotion engine... it can't

if that were possible we had a psn full of ps2 ports by now.

even sony on their own can't do that, yet.

and its if flawed, yours is too because why they should waste the efforts in ports when kh3 needs the development staff

remenber kh staff its a very certain group of people including nomura himself, too busy with ff13 ff13v to do ports... unless they are announce now, and done by other companies those ports won't happen

if they had to reintroduce them, they rather set it a system they know they base its, and i am pretty sure is not the wii... ports won't happen.

Around the Network

@soriku
1. i mean they were introducing themself to the casual gamer, not that the worlds ends with you was casual.

2. if you don't understand it don't comment it, simply as that, my pc maybe x20 more powerful than the ps2 but emulation still yet to be able to run it  smooth

The lack of enhancements for the game caused several complaints from gamers, to which Svensson addressed, stating that

“ ...we're getting the game up and running first. The game is enormous. If after we have every thing working correctly, cleanly and as desired so as not to "break" the amazing experience that is Okami, we will worry about potential enhancements. As we are NOT at that point in the process yet, we are loathe to even mention any potential changes or enhancements for fear of disappointing the fans/media.[49] ”

Svensson reported that the original game assets given to them from Capcom Japan were incomplete, and even after requesting old hard drives and computers to recover more assets, Ready at Dawn were still required to recreate some from scratch.[46] Furthermore, the game had to be recoded to change optimizations that were made for the PlayStation 2 version; Svensson stated that "part of the reason we didn't show it until we started showing it was because, if we showed it in a form that was anything less than near-perfect, people were going to freak out".[46]

On November 15, 2007, Svensson noted that the engine has been ported to the Wii: "There are still several systems getting set up properly but there’s most definitely a Wii-driven Amaterasu running around Wii-rendered environments as we speak."[47] A listing posted at Capcom's website for the game on February 15, 2008 revealed that the Wii version will support 480p and widescreen output,[51]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C5%8Ckami
3. you are saying the exact same thing i said if they had to, they had to be given to a different team

4. but you can't assure its on the wii either!! thats why i am trying to say, kh is more recognize with the playstation because 2 games were on the ps2.

and you can't you never know because you are not them to know how they will react.

wii demographic is nintendo fanboys and soccer moms... disney? maybe but mixed with final fantasy characters,

its more like a fantasy what?

/* Third, like I said, I bet more people migrated from the PS2 to Wii rather than PS2 to PS3. And you never know when someome new to KH picks up the KH1/2 ports and becomes a fan who fills up the gap between the initial fanbase willing to buy a Wii (or already own one) and ones who aren't. */

you can bet on that but you can't be sure about that either... the flaw in your comment its that you pretty sure they will be those ports that will probably take a year to make each.

you won't know if they will become  fan because those PORTS don't exist, as NOW, when they EXIST, they you would be right, now NO.

Soriku said:
@joseph

First of all, The World Ends With You isn't on the Wii to begin with. It's on the DS and is by no means "casual." I must've missed the memo where new IPs = casual...

Also, I don't know what this mips processor garbage is but I know (ANYONE knows) anything the PS2 handles the Wii can handle as well. The Wii's like...4x more powerful than the PS2.

Also, where did you get this information that stuff was cut from Okami to make it run better? Link?

And who said the KH team had to port it themselves? They can give it to any other team. I mean, my God how hard would a PORT be from the PS2 to the Wii? Okami was ported by like...5 people.

Also, how do you know the KH fanbase isn't on the Wii? First of all, they haven't even released one on the Wii so you can't make false judgement like that with no proof. Second, the KH demographic fits the Wii demographic.PROOF? Third, like I said, I bet more people migrated from the PS2 to Wii rather than PS2 to PS3EVIDENCE?. And you never know when someome new to KH picks up the KH1/2 ports and becomes a fan who fills up the gap between the initial fanbase willing to buy a Wii (or already own one) and ones who aren't.

You want proof from Joseph but you keep spilling that junk about demographics this and demographics that without any proof of your own?  Quite frankly, I think the mods should close any and all threads that have anything to do with Kingdom Hearts and Wii as it always comes down to mindless, "Yes it will!" "No it won't" cry baby battles.  What we know is Kingdom Hearts team is working on FFv13, Kingdom Hearts isn't going to start production for at least a year.  Leave the poor dead horse alone.

joseph21 said:

the_bloodwalker, yes sadly what square enix is doing now,
with the ds, at least ff3 ff4 were 3d remakes with voice acting.
but they weren't use sellers on the system either.

thats why i believe square will likely use new IP like the world ends with you, dragon quest swords with the wii to be more "casual"

The world end with you is not "casual" (and by casual I mean retarded), is a full quality game. And yes, I agree that new IP's can be made... but they have to be full quality ones. This is why Crystal Beares have been delayed and changed dramatically. But one title alone is not enough (Soul Eater may not leave Japan). they need more titles

and i seriously don't think the field is equal now, for others companies, tales selling around 120k it first week in the most popular system its no where near what square did with a spin off sequel (crisis core). more than 470k.

*sigs*... by equal ground I mean the chances to be really successful in that patform. The sales of Tales od Symphonia 2 proves that it's still equal, meaning, another developer has a shot to be the most successful RPG maker on Wii. Any developer can do it, a famous with a past history or a new one. THIS is what equal ground means. The developers have to cater the new audience and create more fans.

on PSP and PS3 the ground is NOT equal. Anything related to Final Fantasy or Monster Hunter is a success hit because of the existing fanbase. A new RPG developer has little chances to be really succesful because fanboys buy what fanboys want, on this red ocean newcommers have very little chance in sales

soriku, its not that it can't handle it, more like they are emotion engine a mips processor enhanced cut scenes,

those require a port of the graphics engine to be able to run smoothly... look what happen with okami even if didn't had many cut scenes many stuff was cut to make the game run better.

Ready at Dawn didn't have the full bug-free PS2 engine, many pieces were missing. This is why things were cut off, due to the schedule it was easier to take away the feature than start over from scratch. This case is not the same when a company has the full engine. And cutscenes have always a workaround solution (RE4 PS2 comes to mind).

its if flawed, yours is too because why they should waste the efforts in ports when kh3 needs the development staff

remenber kh staff its a very certain group of people including nomura himself, too busy with ff13 ff13v to do ports... unless they are announce now, and done by other companies those ports won't happen

ports can be done by other groups, without the main development staff. And since there is no annoucement, the possibility remains. the ports can be announced at anytime, doesn't have to be now as long as its before the release of KH3.

if they had to reintroduce them, they rather set it a system they know they base its, and i am pretty sure is not the wii... ports won't happen.

They can happen. We're not saying it WILL. We're mentioning why it can be possible. Catering new fans is always a better strategy

Calm down....

Soriku... you need to calm down as well

cwbys21

you are my new best friends :) jk
but seriously that the coolest post i seen in this whole thread.

the_bloodwalker,
certainly they are possible, i haven't said other but as they can happen thats where i disagree.

/*on PSP and PS3 the ground is NOT equal. Anything related to Final Fantasy or Monster Hunter is a success hit because of the existing fanbase. A new RPG developer has little chances to be really succesful because fanboys buy what fanboys want, on this red ocean newcommers have very little chance in sales
*/

it is... the same thing is happen to third parties in the wii, if you haven't seen top wii selling are nintendo.
i am yet to see a third party in the wii selling 3-5 millions+ from a new ip.

soriku, my post is about it not comming to the wii, but rather the ps3...you say wii demographic is more kh, but then again you contradict yourself saying they have to introduce them with ports.

if that was true then why the have to reintroduce kingdom hearts to them..?

demographics isn't the problem, also those ports don't exist, so they aren't trying to introduce kh to new fans in the wii.

they can use the ff13 versus white engine, and make full blown game, rather than creating one for the wii.

since both games have similar battle system and done by the same staff.

demographic isn't a issue for the ps3 either, the ps3 is a HD system but you don't know how long it will hold the 399$ price... a 100$ cut puts it next to the wii
as for now ps3 is excelling in most of the genders (lacking RPGs)
ps3 destiny is still undefine... meaning you can't say what the ps3 its or isn't casual yet

as for now the wii doesn't have a single game that interest me after zelda, (though i do have one getting dusk after twinlight princess is not used).

and til birth by sleep is released you won't know what system kh will be in.