By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A theory of why KH3 or FFVII remake will be on Wii

the_bloodwalker said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
the_bloodwalker said:
@shan

I don't think it was the best looking game of it's time. Characters with Popeye's arms weren't cute at all

So Materia is spinach, not energy?

LOL... you made me imagine a FFVII scene with the classic Popeye's music XD....

All strength potions in RPGs should be replaced with cans of spinach.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

so....let me ask...were there no actual counter arguments?...

deathcape said:
Zucas said:
KH3 makes sense. FF7 remake? not so much.

remember...this is a 'what if' question...a theory

IF a FFVII remake would be made, where would it most likely go?

I know.  The topic was talking on Wii.  So I was saying doesn't make so much sense for it to go on Wii.  Sorry I didn't make it clearer if it caused confusion.

As for why?  Well normally you think about where your fanbase is.  Normally popular series become associated with certain hardware brands.  And the users get associated with it as well.  When you think FF7 you really think a lot about the playstation brand.  However the first 6 games before that you think Nintendo, which is why DS gets those remakes.  So really by Square's thinking, they want to go to where the fanbase of the game most likely is, which is probably still hanging with the playstation brand.  Thus PS3 seems to be a better choice.  Now that doesn't mean it is the better, choice as Wii does have a much larger userbase, in both of the areas it was most popular in, but that would be my thinking and probably there thinking at Square Enix. 

Personally I wouldn't see why it would be so much trouble to put it on both.

@deathcape

Looks like it.

I was hoping a counter theory no matter the platform.

I gave a mini counter theory.

Around the Network
Zucas said:

I know.  The topic was talking on Wii.  So I was saying doesn't make so much sense for it to go on Wii.  Sorry I didn't make it clearer if it caused confusion.

As for why?  Well normally you think about where your fanbase is.  Normally popular series become associated with certain hardware brands.  And the users get associated with it as well.  When you think FF7 you really think a lot about the playstation brand.  However the first 6 games before that you think Nintendo, which is why DS gets those remakes.  So really by Square's thinking, they want to go to where the fanbase of the game most likely is, which is probably still hanging with the playstation brand.  Thus PS3 seems to be a better choice.  Now that doesn't mean it is the better, choice as Wii does have a much larger userbase, in both of the areas it was most popular in, but that would be my thinking and probably there thinking at Square Enix. 

Personally I wouldn't see why it would be so much trouble to put it on both.

Thank you, and we can counter it as well

I thought about the same possibiity on two platforms, but that will only be possible if both were similar in technical specs and gameplay controls. Thsy are different so in game design SE will probably go crazy. There are two ways to do it:

1. Made a similar game with the Wii version a dumbed down port with waggle: As many American companies do because of game design, not all the features are available on the Wii. To save costs using this route will fail to bring a flagship franchise in the end. There will be RPG developers that will make exclusive Wii projects that will beat the hell out of the FFVII Wii version. As a developer that want to be the besr RPG maker no m atter the platform, this will be unnaceptable and may hurt the sales of other wii exclusive projects they plan to make. and is Final Fantasy we're talking about. A failure entry would hurt them even more.. Solution: IF they want to make FFVII for PS3, DON'T even think of a Wii version.... better give them KH3 exclusive to Wii.
  2. Optimize both console's capabilities and market: This be the most expensive, because it will give two different game design documents. The character renders, the backgrounds, the combat system, the exclusive content fo the different audience (  i.e. The PS3 characters will be Advent-Children like while the Wii ones will be anime like as the cutscenes of the PS1 original   ) This in result would be two completely diffeent games that share the same story, locations and characters. This might look like the best choice, but will be the most troublesome.... The problems will begin with the costs, two "exclusive" projects. Second, since the game design documents will end up very different, the vision might be lost. Which is the real FFVII experience?. Third, imagine the fanboy war all over the internet and the consumer demand of more remakes on both platforms... Solution: One platform can have the full FFVII remake, the other can have a spinoff masterpiece( i.e. Wii will have the FFVII remake while the PS3 will have a full MMORPG based on the Advent children events, since the majority already know the FFVII story)

about the fanbase:

You're not quite right about the remakes for the DS. While it's true that the first 6 games were on a  Nintendo platform and there are people like me who remember and love them, the majority of DS and Wii owners don't even know about those titles because of the platforms' market. if the case was as you said, it will be more reasonable and cost saving to port the game like they are doing with Chrono Trigger (thank you SE forn not changing that <3). There are DS owners that want a great RPG experience but don't know about the Final Fantasy games. The remakes are to please the fans and to deliver to the new ones.  to introduce them to FF franchise. This case is simmilar on Wii, there wil be more people that want a RPG experience. This is an opportin uty that ould be dumb to miss, have more fans.

With PSN and the backwards compatibility, PS3 users can play the original FFVII (is still selling to this day) while on Nintendo's side, there are a lot of people that just know the name but have no idea about the game.

The other thing: when FFVII and VIII were very successful on PS1, Square introduced the new fans to the masterpieces that preceeded them. Square did the same with GBA and PSP. how would they introduce Wii fans to the FF franchise? They introduced the Cystal Chronicles franchise (shouldn't be called FFCC anymore, name is too long and CC deserves to be a franchise on it's own because it's different) with wiiware

What I Said In Page 2 That Went Ignored:
Why Kingdom Hearts III Might Go To The Wii:

In 2002 the Kingdom Hearts series launched. You know what people thought about it? That it was going to fail because of its casual apperance. Since the PS2 was a casual system, guess what happened. It went on to become a multi-million seller. This was since that people did not see it as a hardcore game. It was seen as casual because of its quirky characters and TV icons. The Wii has seen incredible success with the casual market. Putting Kingdom Hearts on the Wii would be a great move since most of the casual demograph would see Donald Duck and quirky characters and what casual would not buy that? If it went on to the PS3, the people who would buy it would be its die hard fans, a significantly smaller market than the casual buyers.

If it goes to the Wii, it will have monstorous sales. This is pretty much a no-brainer. Since the Wii has the casual fanbase that Square Enix is looking for, you can pretty much guarantee that the game will sell millions. The Wii is expected to outsell the PS2, and the PS3 will be lucky to pass the NES. With a console upwards of a hundred million, it would be insane not to release it. It also does not make sense to go multi-platform. At the absolute earliest, Kingdom Hearts III will release in 2010, and by then the Wii will be ahead of the PS3 and 360 combined. Multiplatform means they would have to use the two completely different engines of the Wii and PS3 and make Kingdom Hearts 3 out of scratch for both of them. Not only could this potentially make the game release later, it could also cost a lot of money and they might not see all of it back.

And I hear some people saying that if it goes to the Wii, the gameplay and graphics and story would suffer. I toss this away as ignorant bullcrap. The Wii is much, much more powerful than the PS2. And the PS2 was not even the most powerful console to release Kingdom Hearts for. If graphics truly mattered, they would release it for the Xbox. And Kingdom Hearts does not rely on realism, it relies on art style. I'm sure the Wii could pull nice art style for Kingdom Hearts. And some say Kingdom Hearts is cutscene heavy and can not work for the Wii. Once again, the Wii is more powerful and can handle the cutscenes for Kingdom Hearts and make them twice as nice as Kingdom Hearts II. And for the gameplay. If it is released for the Wii, I do not think that Square Enix would make the WiiMote for the Keyblade as the only choice. They could offer many different control schemes for it, such as the one I just mentioned, mapping the commands to the different buttons/movements on the WiiMote, and using the command menu.

Final Word: The Wii is the most logical choice for Kingdom Hearts III.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

as a fan of square enix for years...they are some things i have noticed about their proyects.

square enix games ARE about graphics and sophisticated story telling... never intuitive controls..

before they used FMV to archive that.

even kh2 was on the ps2, it was one of the best looking games on the console, praised by IGN, gamespot and many sites pushing the ps2 to its limits.

their games get huge budget 30 millions+ to get most it can from the platform its developed...

kh3 on the wii right now its just wishful thinking...

even after announcing 358/2 tetsuya nomura gave some interviews... he said they won't use DS touch screen features for battle.

since he wants the kingdom hearts gameplay remain untouched and fans are familiar with it.

right now birth by sleep the important spinoff its on the PSP... and its going to be the one where they are going to announce where KH3 its going to be played.

right now birth by sleep its getting more budget since psp games are more expensive to make, meaning IT's more important.

and if ever square enix won't release it important proyect in a 2002 hardware console, even if they get more money of it...

they could have made the spirit within in anime and save tons of money!.

yes 358/2 its just a roxas side story, nothing more nothing else organization 13th die in kh2 and that its, but birth by sleep its a whole sequel, its tells where it began, its root, why sora was choosen, why mickey is king, everything.

square still a mostly focusing on the psp, if not final fantasy dissidia would be on the DS... if they just wanted money... hell is money was a issue they would release everything on the DS.

no matter in which console kingdom hearts its released kh will be a huge million selling... square enix is not afraid of not making money.

yes companies are there to make money, but square enix use spinoff to archive the same effect.

we are talking from a company that spend 100 millions on animated movie: final fantasy movie: the spirit within, just to show they are better than pixar.

even if it was a box office failure they released advent children :)

joseph21 said:

as a fan of square enix for years...they are some things i have noticed about their proyects.

1. square enix games ARE about graphics and sophisticated story telling... never intuitive controls..

before they used FMV to archive that.

even kh2 was on the ps2, it was one of the best looking games on the console, praised by IGN, gamespot and many sites pushing the ps2 to its limits.

their games get huge budget 30 millions+ to get most it can from the platform its developed...

2. kh3 on the wii right now its just wishful thinking...

3. even after announcing 358/2 tetsuya nomura gave some interviews... he said they won't use DS touch screen features for battle.

4. since he wants the kingdom hearts gameplay remain untouched and fans are familiar with it.

right now birth by sleep the important spinoff its on the PSP... and its going to be the one where they are going to announce where KH3 its going to be played.

5. right now birth by sleep its getting more budget since psp games are more expensive to make, meaning IT's more important.

and if ever square enix won't release it important proyect in a 2002 hardware console, even if they get more money of it...

they could have made the spirit within in anime and save tons of money!.

6. yes 358/2 its just a roxas side story, nothing more nothing else organization 13th die in kh2 and that its, but birth by sleep its a whole sequel, its tells where it began, its root, why sora was choosen, why mickey is king, everything.

7. square still a mostly focusing on the psp, if not final fantasy dissidia would be on the DS... if they just wanted money... hell is money was a issue they would release everything on the DS.

no matter in which console kingdom hearts its released kh will be a huge million selling... square enix is not afraid of not making money.

yes companies are there to make money, but square enix use spinoff to archive the same effect.

8. we are talking from a company that spend 100 millions on animated movie: final fantasy movie: the spirit within, just to show they are better than pixar.

even if it was a box office failure they released advent children :)

God, this post sucks so much I need to make 8 Points dissecting it.

1. This is not true. Square Enix is all about the money. If they wanted graphics, they would release it on the Xbox which was far more powerful. And a console does not make storytelling better.

2. Read the rest of the thread you troll.

3. That is correct, but keep in mind that Touch Screen controls really wouldn't work.

4. BBS does not have the gameplay of the Kingdom Hearts' on the PS2. It has *gasp* a card battle system! Reasearch before rebuttal is key to survival on this forum.

5. You reached a contradiction you idiot! BBS is more expensive because PSP Dev is! Not because of its importance!

6. This is entirely subjective on how you look at it. Learn to keep subjection out of your arguements.

7. Square is not a second-party company. Maybe they released FF on the PSP because it would sell better there? They learn to release games on certain consoles according to demograph. Square wants to make money and you do it by releasing accordingly.

8. Pixar is better. By far.

Also, learn to spell better and capatilize. When you are writing an arguement, it should be as nicely written as an essay.

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

Wait, is this Crazzy?

You are being reported under suspect of being CrazzyMan.

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you