By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A theory of why KH3 or FFVII remake will be on Wii

shanbcn said:
Unlike DQ series FF never go backwards which is the reason SE will always keep FF franchise on PS.

Um how is the wii going backwards from the ps1?

Around the Network
Pristine20 said:
Soriku said:
Ajax said:
So you believe Square will put XIII on the PS3, get the FF fans over there, but then release FFVII on the Wii?...... no......

If you're a FF fan then you'd buy a Wii if FF VII somehow landed on it. Otherwise, you're just a PS3/Sony fan(boy). If you're able to buy a PS3 then it's more than likely you can afford a Wii. I understand you'd rather have it for the PS3 because that's the only console you own and don't want to buy a Wii, but if FF VII landed on the Wii you shouldn't hesitate.

And you're not a wii fanboy? So if people saved $600 to buy a ps3, it means they have an extra $300 to throw away? FFVII remake isn't happening. The DS or wii may get a port but thats about it.

The FFs in the ps1 generation haven't been ported because they're still playable if you have any PS console so its unlikely that even a port will be made. Just forget FFvii for he next few years.

No.

FF4 (the GBA Remake) is still playable if you have a GBA or a DS but that didn't stop Square from remaking it... again.

Same for Vagrant Story, Valkyrie Profile, Star Ocean 1 & 2 and their PSP ports.

Not this topic again, anyway I just hope this thread will be still alive till E3 for fanboys here eats crow

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

shanbcn said:
Unlike DQ series FF never go backwards which is the reason SE will always keep FF franchise on PS.

Please explain why FFIII, FFIV are on DS. This is going backwards because they could release them on PS3.

Those DS remakes make the possibility of a remake on Wii. Maybe FFIV will be on PS3/PS4.

give a more convincing argument.

shanbcn said:

lol

If you mean backwards as in they'll release it on the PS1, then you're right. I don't think SE would release a new FF on the PS1.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:

Actually FF7 was originally planned for N64, but scraped because of the PS1 being so popular. (Which yes... it was very popular before FF7, people like to think that FF7 made the Playstation for some reason.)

People often blame it on the cartdiges... but FF7 came out January 97.

Which means development changed in 94 or 95.

But the game would not have been the same on the N64.

DMeisterJ said:
Kasz216 said:

Actually FF7 was originally planned for N64, but scraped because of the PS1 being so popular. (Which yes... it was very popular before FF7, people like to think that FF7 made the Playstation for some reason.)

Why wouldn't it have? If you are talking about it not having FMVs, then yes, but how would that have changed the gameplay?

DMeisterJ said:
Kasz216 said:

Which is my point. They didn't just switch production halfway through. The entire game was changed. Considering how long RPGs make, this was way before they were sure cartridges would be any problem. Since graphics were the first thing done... they made the switch early on most likely because of PS1's success and Nintendo being giant dicks to square and every other 3rd party. Demanding that most 3rd parties act more like 2nd parties.

Also, everything but the graphics would of been the same. I mean... FF7 isn't any different from FF6 except they dumbed it down a bit and added Materia and limit breaks which made it easier.

As for the graphics.  I'm not sure actually.  I know that FF7 has everything but the FMVs on both Cds... so it'd seem likely that the N64 cartridge could hold the game without cutscenes.

I'd of perfered FF7 without the cutscenes myself.  I think Cutscenes take you out of the story, and also make the rest of the graphics look like crap because the cutscenes kinda say "This is how it SHOULD look."

I agree that SE needs more than just FF:CC for the Wii platform if they are gonna capitalize on the platform. They kinda hurt their rep with DQ: Swords imo so they should try to change that if they want to be taken seriously by N ppls

"Like you know"

I don't think FF7 on the wii will change much ecxept for a few million wii's to be sold to people who really want to play the remake... then sell their wii again.
it's just not the type of game that attracts wii players.

=============================================================

Computer games didn't affect kids. i mean if pacman affected us as kids,
we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching magic pills and
listening to repetitive electronic music.