By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Will Wright shows us the way - interview with the master of creativity

The second video is out, I put it in the OP, great stuff.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

I love how he mentioned AI directors for the first question...that's what Left 4 Dead's all about hehe.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Kasz216 said:
shio said:
noname2200 said:
wfz said:

The main version of SPORE is not coming to Wii. Will Wright himself said that if it get released on Wii, it would be different than the main PC/MAC version as it would be more about Player/Creature interaction and emotion.

Where? I've never heard him say this.

He said the DS version would be different. All he said for the wii version was he was trying to see how to best work the controls.

From the interviews i've said it sounded like he was taking a version like the PC version but improving the controls to be more "interactive".

I hope it is different though. Then i'd get to buy two awesome spore games.

Yeah, I'm getting conflicting information on this too. Mostly I've heard what you have: it'll be the same game, but with a different control scheme. But then there's this.

http://www.wiiwii.tv/2008/02/13/wii-spore-at-design-stage-but-definitely-coming/

"Speaking to game site Revogamers, Shaw revealed that Spore will arrive on Wii eventually - but it’ll be yet another different spin on the evolution sim designed from the ground up for the wavy magic wand machine. A bit like the creature-focused DS re-imagining revealed recently."

On the other hand, this is the only mention of that: everything else contradicts this. I dunno what to think, but I'll be picking up at least the full version, wherever it comes out.

That's it. I'm officially adding Will Wright to the list of people whom I must meet in person before I die. His genius has captivated my childhood, and shall now captivate me as an adult.

I feel like a child again just watching these videos, and the possibilities are getting me very excited. His imagination is giving us the tools to use ours.

If you expect Spore to be the same on the Wii as the PC, you'll definitely be disappointed. Storing and accessing all the information, maybe that'll work.

Sharing creatures, planets, civilizations online? That's not going to work well.

It won't look as good, and I'll definitely bet they'll work around the controls to make a different game than the PC version. It probably won't be bad, but it's not going to be the "real" version in my opinion.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM

Around the Network
naznatips said:
lolita said:
Amazing! This guy really knows how to make a great game that uses much creativity and liberty. Spore is going to be a major game this gen that anyone will be able to enjoy their own way.

He also made Sims which I really love. Though as someone said, he has nothing to do with the packs of the series. He created Sims 1 and worked on Sims 2 basegame but then EA just whored it with those billions of stuff packs.

He had nothing to do with the expansions and such.  He made the main game then EA made the expansions.

I know but I actually like the expansions, they ad gameplay, unlike stuff packs... Guess I should have mentionned that too though.

BenKenobi88 said:
If you expect Spore to be the same on the Wii as the PC, you'll definitely be disappointed. Storing and accessing all the information, maybe that'll work.

Sharing creatures, planets, civilizations online? That's not going to work well.

It won't look as good, and I'll definitely bet they'll work around the controls to make a different game than the PC version. It probably won't be bad, but it's not going to be the "real" version in my opinion.

The not looking as good part is a given, but I don't really see why sharing stuff would be a problem. Blast Works and other games are already doing it, and with WiiConnect24 it shouldn't be too much of a problem. Storing it all might be a different matter (512 megs, Nintendo? Really?), but hopefully there'll be some solution to the storage problem unveiled soon.

Noname, it doesn't matter what Nintendo does. Spore will be infinitely better on the PC no matter what.

The Sims 2: IKEA is third on the Swedish software chart...