By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Will Wright shows us the way - interview with the master of creativity

noname2200 said:
wfz said:

The Magic School Bus is in this game!??!?!?!?!??!

EPIC!!

(last few seconds of the video in the background)

Is this game coming to consoles?

The Wii will get it, yes, although not until a few months after.

It's supposed to be built ground up for the wii though. So no word whether or not that means it will get a full version with downgraded graphics... or a bastardized version like the DS.

The indication seems to be a full version.... but i wonder how that would work.. what with the friendcodes and the like, along with the unchosen downloading.

Shouldn't take up to much space though... the files are really small.

PS3 and 360 likely will get versions too down the line.

It might be the first time a game was ported from Wii to 360/PS3.

Ah wait that Rayman game was porting to 360 wasn't it.

Around the Network

Everything I've heard says it's the full version, and that the reason it's coming later is that Wright is still trying to figure out how the best control scheme. I doubt you'll need friend codes though, since it's an EA game. But I guess we'll see.

noname2200 said:
Everything I've heard says it's the full version, and that the reason it's coming later is that Wright is still trying to figure out how the best control scheme. I doubt you'll need friend codes though, since it's an EA game. But I guess we'll see.

Oh i don't mean you'll need friend codes. I just think Nintendo would be a little sketchy about it considering the first thing released when the creatrue creator came out was about a thousand penis monsters.

Me, i'm hoping you can disable the download from online feature or at least favor creatures you create.

Amazing! This guy really knows how to make a great game that uses much creativity and liberty. Spore is going to be a major game this gen that anyone will be able to enjoy their own way.

He also made Sims which I really love. Though as someone said, he has nothing to do with the packs of the series. He created Sims 1 and worked on Sims 2 basegame but then EA just whored it with those billions of stuff packs.

noname2200 said:
wfz said:

EPIC!!

The main version of SPORE is not coming to Wii. Will Wright himself said that if it get released on Wii, it would be different than the main PC/MAC version as it would be more about Player/Creature interaction and emotion.

Around the Network

No mention of the Wii version - my guess is 6 months more - if they announced it was being developed for the Wii then chances are they were doing R&D for at least about 7 months before they announced it.

If that's the case then maybe they should have a finished version sometime in 2009... maybe summer.

EA is really trying to get their franchises behind the Wii's install base - that mind share may be harder to achieve than ever before - but stuff like this helps as far as money in my pocket goes... at this rate money will float from my bonds strait into EA's pocket - which if I were a smart man I'd invest in EA - but I'd just have to find out what next major game they are making for the PS3 or 360 and invest after that game... I hope it's before their Wii games release.

A penny pincher equals "the I."

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

shio said:
noname2200 said:
wfz said:

EPIC!!

The main version of SPORE is not coming to Wii. Will Wright himself said that if it get released on Wii, it would be different than the main PC/MAC version as it would be more about Player/Creature interaction and emotion.

Where? I've never heard him say this.

He said the DS version would be different. All he said for the wii version was he was trying to see how to best work the controls.

From the interviews i've said it sounded like he was taking a version like the PC version but improving the controls to be more "interactive".

I hope it is different though.  Then i'd get to buy two awesome spore games.

My favourite Will Wright game is still SimCity 2000.

I look forward to Spore.

He scored major points for me when he starred in The Simpsons Game

lolita said:
Amazing! This guy really knows how to make a great game that uses much creativity and liberty. Spore is going to be a major game this gen that anyone will be able to enjoy their own way.

He also made Sims which I really love. Though as someone said, he has nothing to do with the packs of the series. He created Sims 1 and worked on Sims 2 basegame but then EA just whored it with those billions of stuff packs.

He had nothing to do with the expansions and such.  He made the main game then EA made the expansions.