By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Darksiders: Wrath of War (New Video, looks very good.. Reminds me of Zelda)

Aj_habfan said:
God of War is full of puzzles...

Ugh don't remind me. God of Puzzle = me hate. However, don't be offended GoW fanboys, that is just one of Zenfoldor's many foibles. He hates GoW. I recognize it as a highly reviewed and touted game, but personally, I hate GoW block and "press this button when it flashes on the screen to kill the boss" puzzles.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
mrstickball said:
Torillian said:
mrstickball said:
naznatips said:
Doesn't look at all like Zelda. What defines Zelda is puzzles, which this clearly doesn't have. I would say it's a lot more like God of War with open areas, which is also very cool looking.

You can really tell how many puzzles are going to be in the game from a 30 second gameplay teaser, eh?

Have to agree, if trailers predemoninantly showing puzzles is what makes a game like Zelda, then I don't think you'd recognize alot of Zelda games as like Zelda

That's my point. In a very short, near-debut trailer, I don't think they are really going to captivate everyone by showing "OMG, PUZZELZS!" - It's important we reserve judgement for such gameplay elements. The game could be chock-full of them. I would imagine with a free roaming game, based on leveling your abilities, there has to be a few puzzles, at a minimum. Since your being far more active in a game like this versus a Zelda game, the idea of puzzles, in a Zelda sense, could be far different, no?

Look at it this way though. If it's a Zelda clone, then why not just play the vastly superior Zelda. If it's a game that tries to make its own way without relying on Zelda type puzzles, then no matter how good or bad it is, we can respect it a lot more. Not being a Zelda clone, no matter how fantastic Zelda is, is a good thing, lol.

Look at Okami, it is oft compared to Zelda, but it's not a clone and differentiates itself enough to become one of my favorite Wii games, which says alot considering that it actually goes up against Mario and Zelda, two of the best games ever developed.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Wow I've never heard of this before, it looks very promising. It looks like GOW and DMC gameplay mixed together with an Overlord feel to it :P

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

Onyxmeth said:
selnor said:
Looks awesome. Is it 360 exclusive?

No.

Why in M$ thread?

looks good

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network

The first couple times I heard about this game, I thought it sounded really dumb. But for some reason, that video has gotten me interested. As others said though, it reminds me more of God of War/Devil May Cry than of Zelda.

selnor said:
Onyxmeth said:
selnor said:
Looks awesome. Is it 360 exclusive?

No.

Why in M$ thread?

I don't know.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Definitely worth paying attention to. It looks like the game is trying to do too much in some way, but that could turn out to be a very good thing.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Looks like WoW meets God of War meets Zelda meets Kingdom Hearts which is an odd mix.

Pixel Art can be fun.

I didn't see whether they had this or not, but the one thing that would make me really interested in a game like this is if it had class based multiplayer ...

It may sould strange but I was playing Return to Castle Wolfenstein in multiplayer and Zelda at the same time (not literally) and I thought that you could produce an interesting game by mixing the two concepts. Your rogue's focus is on tools like the grappling hook as well as stealth, while your knight is more armor (and shield) focused, your wizzard heals and has some spells, while your "Ranger" uses the bow ...