By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sega doesn't like the Wii...

Entroper said:
ckmlb said:

Also this is not an anti Wii post...

The title of the thread is "Sega doesn't like the Wii..." so I'm not sure what makes you think this isn't an anti-Wii post. Not that I mind it being posted, news is still news.

How else would you title it when a sega VP is complaining about Wii limitations or whatever...

So I guess when someone posts a report about some developer saying the PS3 is hard to develop for it's anti PS3? 

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

"Concerned" is like a troll's favorite word. Even if he is a Vice President.

Cobretti said:
Yojimbo said:
NJ5 said:

Yojimbo said:

But when you are developer you dont want to be limited.

True. You don't want to be limited to, especially, selling games for a console with less market share than the Wii.

I was talking about hardware. Just because the fanbase is bigger does not guarantee that your game will sell better. Not fun to compete with Nintendos first party games.

Offocurse it is not fun if your brining a half assed made up. They need to learn that on a nintendo platform if they want to beat nintnedo in sales they have to make great games. That is why most developers love sony consoles. Cause they competing against other half assed made shit.

Sony has some amazing games, go look it up I'm not going to list them now.... research before you make a claim like that.

ckmlb said:

How else would you title it when a sega VP is complaining about Wii limitations or whatever...

So I guess when someone posts a report about some developer saying the PS3 is hard to develop for it's anti PS3?

Obviously.

I don't know why people get so caught up in it though.  It isn't wrong to be critical of a platform.

They should make a dualshock that can split in half to serve as separate accelerometers and pointers while keeping the original button configurations.

Around the Network

Not every game has to utilize the motion controls on the Wii and I hope the industry realizes this. I have been playing GC games on mine all along. Funny how the industry and fanboys gushed over God of War II which was released on a last gen console, and at the same time constantly take digs at Wii games as not being graphically good enough in reviews and threads. I am not a technical person, but from what I gather the Wii is capable of producing games more attractive than God of War II which seems good enough for the hardcore nearly two years into this generation. I do not see why if the Wii can produce games better looking than God of War II why it would not be okay to produce an occasional non-motion control game for the Wii that relies more on story and graphics that would be just fine for at least the not so hardcore over the next few years. The Wii is my console of choice, and I do not expect or want every game to be centered around the motion controls. I want the option because I think it is great and is the future of gaming, but I still sometimes just want regular controls. I think there is plenty of room for 'creative depth' on the Wii, particularly when developers begin to realize they have more than one approach.

bulletstopper said:
The PS2 is upwards into almost 10 years old itself and noone is complaining about its graphics. 

The PS2 is 7 years old this year and the graphics are still good, but with games being released on the 360 and PS3, they really take the graphics to another level totally.

I can't see graphics being an initial problem with sales of the Wii seeing as the casual gamer really doesn't need or want HD graphics, but when push comes to shove I honestly feel that the graphics of the Wii will ultimately force it to have a smaller shelf life.

Developers are stopping work on PS2 games and these will all but be stopped within the next 12-18 months, development on the Wii, 360 and PS3 will be picking up from now on in.

If you look ahead to the end of next year and into early 2009, games will look much more different between the systems, with the Wii looking more and more like last gen every day (by the way, this is only my opinion).

Although the Wii will be popular over the course and may very well sell more than any other in this gen, I just feel that developers will only release their "big" games on the 360 and PS3 while smaller family friendly games will appear on the Wii. 

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

ckmlb said:
Cobretti said:
Yojimbo said:
NJ5 said:

Yojimbo said:

True. You don't want to be limited to, especially, selling games for a console with less market share than the Wii.

I was talking about hardware. Just because the fanbase is bigger does not guarantee that your game will sell better. Not fun to compete with Nintendos first party games.

Offocurse it is not fun if your brining a half assed made up. They need to learn that on a nintendo platform if they want to beat nintnedo in sales they have to make great games. That is why most developers love sony consoles. Cause they competing against other half assed made shit.

Sony has some amazing games, go look it up I'm not going to list them now.... research before you make a claim like that.

I know they do. However 90% of them are crap. The wii is heading down the same path with all these cheap crappy 3rd party attempts.  The point I was trying to make was developers that don't want to put their stuff against nintendo games cause they fear bad sales. Were as on ps2 most the games were shit competition, so offcourse they succeeded.

The only thing i can say to this is "Games were good 10 years ago too"

Cobretti said:
ckmlb said:
Cobretti said:
Yojimbo said:
NJ5 said:

Yojimbo said:

I know they do. However 90% of them are crap. The wii is heading down the same path with all these cheap crappy 3rd party attempts. The point I was trying to make was developers that don't want to put their stuff against nintendo games cause they fear bad sales. Were as on ps2 most the games were shit competition, so offcourse they succeeded.

If you look at the actual 1st party stuff it is much less than 90% that is crap, probably more like 25% if you are saying all games on the PS2 then yes because there were so many games on PS2 and if the Wii succeeds it will have the same huge amount of games with a lot of crappy ones.