By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sega doesn't like the Wii...

HappySqurriel said:

Edit: Why is it that after every NPD release the number of anti Wii posts increases dramatically?

Because you're paranoid. This news came out literally today don't go making up conspiracy theories.

Also this is not an anti Wii post... jesus christ you can't say anything or debate anything about the Wii without being accused of bias.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

Here we go again, the same old crappy story over and over again. To the ones who're flaming go back to your consoles instead of making yourself an idiot and to the flaming devs go back to your drawing board and start making some quality games, no wonder why the amount of games which have released so far are f*cked up. Got nothing to do with console(s) but with your mindless inspiration

This profile is no longer in use, see my other profile *~Onna76~*

Although I tend to agree with the general perspectives, I find it striking multi-platform companies out themselves on the issue as the Nintendo Wii will be a hot seller this year ($$$), nomatter if it's really technically unimpressive and severely underpowered for the long run.

I guess they are looking at this for the long run and want the industry push ahead on a technical level (but which requires more $$$). Maybe developers aren't motivated enough to create games which they know could have been less limited using modern technology and could have been done on the XBox and PS2 as well. Personally I skipped last gen, so I feel the Nintendo Wii isn't the right choice for me. But if they would finally make a good successor to Mario64, which Mario Sunshine and Mario Galaxy IMO aren't I would probably have bought a Wii next to my primary console. For 2D-style Mario games, I think they are best suited for my Nintendo DS right now or being offered as small cheap downloads.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

ckmlb said:

Also this is not an anti Wii post...

The title of the thread is "Sega doesn't like the Wii..." so I'm not sure what makes you think this isn't an anti-Wii post. Not that I mind it being posted, news is still news.

Blue3 said: unless you think you will have to make same crazy complex long movements to do something basic, creative maybe but people will hate it. So at the end of day the games will come down to the same basic motions, up down side to side for the sake of simplicity.

Yup. People sure seem to hate pointing at the screen to aim, they'd definitely rather use analog sticks to control an FPS. And when I bowl, I'd much rather go through a bunch of artificial interfaces, trying to press "A" at the right time to aim or set my spin than just do a natural bowling motion with my arm. It's such a crazy complex long movement.

All sarcasm aside, I think the question asked in the OP is a valid question for all kinds of games, not just Wii titles. How can we create something that isn't too derivative of what's already out there? Unfortunately, this VP is missing the irony in his own question.

lol who cares they all offer unique things with their console.

People are forgetting that the wii does allow for gamecube control and classic control use so developers should use them as well if they worried they suck at being creatinve with what they don't know and want to stick with things that took them 10years to work out.

Around the Network

Yojimbo said:

But when you are developer you dont want to be limited.

True. You don't want to be limited to, especially, selling games for a console with less market share than the Wii.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:

Yojimbo said:

True. You don't want to be limited to, especially, selling games for a console with less market share than the Wii.

I was talking about hardware. Just because the fanbase is bigger does not guarantee that your game will sell better. Not fun to compete with Nintendos first party games.

Yojimbo said:
NJ5 said:

Yojimbo said:

I was talking about hardware. Just because the fanbase is bigger does not guarantee that your game will sell better. Not fun to compete with Nintendos first party games.

Offocurse it is not fun if your brining a half assed made up. They need to learn that on a nintendo platform if they want to beat nintnedo in sales they have to make great games. That is why most developers love sony consoles. Cause they competing against other half assed made shit.

Cobretti said:
Yojimbo said:
NJ5 said:

Yojimbo said:

Offocurse it is not fun if your brining a half assed made up. They need to learn that on a nintendo platform if they want to beat nintnedo in sales they have to make great games. That is why most developers love sony consoles. Cause they competing against other half assed made shit.

wow.....

ion-storm said:
I'm a bit sceptical of the motion control as well. I think what he means is that while moving your hand to do something that you once did by pressing a button may seem cool now... what happens when you've done it in three or four games. Does it seem so cool then?

Lets see.  I've played through, um, 6 games on the Wii.  I still enjoy the freedom of the Wii motion control more than a standard controller. 

Hmmm, maybe the 7th game will ruin it though huh?

Not to bash the regular controller.  I'm quite happy with the Xbox 360 and I love it's controller.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)