By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The next Metal Gear game should feature.................

Everyone knows that Hideo Kojima and his team frequent VGChartz, and read our threads for inspiration. Everyone knows that the MGS series has had it's "definitive" version, back in 1998, and the series simply will not die, regardless of what Konami tells us. With those facts out of the way, what should the next MGS title be about? A. Liquid Snake, and his life up until Shadow Moses B. Johnny/Akiba, and a world without the Patriots C. Raiden, and his evoloution into a bad ass cyborg ninja D. A PS2 port of PSP exclusive, Portable Ops E. Some idea, so crazy and unexpected, that only Kojima can come up with it What do you think? Any of these? None of these? You guys have any ideas? I need fuel for my imagination, so if you guys think of anything, put it here.

Around the Network

Why should there be another one? Why do gamers expect VG franchises to go on forever while only very few movie and book franchises go on endlessly. It's a ridiculous double standard.

a game.

DTG said:
Why should there be another one? Why do gamers expect VG franchises to go on forever while only very few movie and book franchises go on endlessly. It's a ridiculous double standard.

thats because popular gaming franchises are like big hollywood actors, you always want to see your favorite actor in a movie.

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434
DTG said:

I'm going out on a limb and saying that's because Kojima himself said Metal Gear will "always be around", if I remember correctly.

Around the Network

You are right, DTG. It was wrong of me to ask. I'll go now.

*leaves room. closes door. sound of single gunshot.*

Well seeing that MGS4 was released for the PS3 , we got even an extra PO ( PO+ ) and PS2 software sales are dipping extremly fast , except some exceptions ( sports and family games ) I dont think that D will happen . A, B and C are possible , and E ... well that would be my choice ;)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

d21lewis said:

thats pure ownage right there

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

PS3 exclusivity.

Cougarman said:
d21lewis said:

thats pure ownage right there

lol that's soo true.

OT: I dunno. I'm not a huge MGS fan, but I'm glad the series in on PS3. (sells systems)

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it