By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 2 New Star Ocean 4 Screens + Artwork

Because FF is more Epic. =)

Screens look nice, probably a must have on ps3, if it comes. Though, if game will be on 1 dvd and won`t have big loading times, maybe x360 version will be a good one too. =]

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network

Well the last FF(12) sure wasn't Quality atleast, biggest dissapointment for me so far, can only hope they fix it with 13 and vs 13

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

WOW is that in game ?

Million - Yes. Both shots are in game, and confirmed by Tri-Ace. I thought they were bullshots, but they're real :)

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:
Euphoria -

Most likely, SO4 will be a full exclusive if it manages a high amount of sales.

And who says SO4 isn't quality - the pictures prove that SO4 is graphically on the level of FFXIII, it seems.

Come on, FF is developed by best developers Japan have to offer. Tri-Ace is B class developers compared to them but that doesn't mean SO4 will be bad but not on the level of FFXIII. I think we should wait little longer to judge which will be better.

Around the Network

BTW, the difference between NEXTGEN and HD. =)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

TBH I'll believe the first shot isn't cut scene when I see the game running. Looks very cut sceneish to me.

shanbcn said:
mrstickball said:
Euphoria -

Most likely, SO4 will be a full exclusive if it manages a high amount of sales.

And who says SO4 isn't quality - the pictures prove that SO4 is graphically on the level of FFXIII, it seems.

Come on, FF is developed by best developers Japan have to offer. Tri-Ace is B class developers compared to them but that doesn't mean SO4 will be bad but not on the level of FFXIII. I think we should wait little longer to judge which will be better.

Final Fantasy XIII isn't being developed by nintendo. (Jk, but I do consider nintendo a better developer than SE). I agree with your other points about waiting and seeing. Everything else is opinions.

"Why do we need Final Fantasy?"

Do we? All we need from Final Fantasy would be a return to the roots of the series, when summons were monsters and not... motorbikes.

OT: The pics look gorgeous.

Hmm. Those comparisons are to IU, correct?

Amazing what 9 months difference, and new work on the same engine can do. But that doesn't detract from IU hopefully being a great game :)

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.