By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 2 New Star Ocean 4 Screens + Artwork

mrstickball said:
Really depends on cutscenes. IU will be a good gauge. If they do real-time renders for cutscenes, it should fit on 1 CD.

Have you played Lost Odyssey?  Did that game use a lot of prerendered cutscenes?  I saw some of the game at a friends house and IIRC, the cutscene I saw was a real-time cutscene.  I wasn't really paying attention as the game wasn't that interesting to me, but that's what I seem to remember.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
The only problem I (sorta) have with it is...seems a bit too realistic. They should've added a shade of anime style like the artwork but whatever.

Tsktsktsk, you and anime. I also like anime but I´m not picky like that. Can´t you play a game that´s not anime-styled?

''Do we? All we need from Final Fantasy would be a return to the roots of the series, when summons were monsters and not... motorbikes''

Couldnt agree more.

Star Ocean 4 looks like a giant beast, and 2009 feels far away. But IU and Last Remnent will help the waiting. YES!

1st shot is cut scene fmv mabey

2nd shot is run about gameplay.

ff13 towers above so4, so4 will eventually make its way onto ps3 and sell more copies especially japan.

SO, games overall dont really sell overly that well but the game should be good, imo it will sell better on ps3 and will be released on ps3 eventually. ff13 is the real rpg to look forward to, but so4 is also a good one to look out for.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

I love what they did with the style. It's catered to the more "hardcore" 360 owners.

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2

Around the Network

Star Ocean FTW. I agree, who needs Final Fantasy.

Damn, so many good RPGs on the Wii and the 360 lately... I'm seriously thinking on going back to them >_>

Tayne said:
I love what they did with the style. It's catered to the more "hardcore" 360 owners.

I really like the art direction.  For some reason, people seem to like it now yet they seemed to hate it when we saw Edge in CGI form

Soriku said:
memory2zack said:
Soriku said:
The only problem I (sorta) have with it is...seems a bit too realistic. They should've added a shade of anime style like the artwork but whatever.

Tsktsktsk, you and anime. I also like anime but I´m not picky like that. Can´t you play a game that´s not anime-styled?

Meh...I think I'm trying too hard to compare it too much with Tales of games >_< I mean Tales and SO pretty similarly. Also, SO on the PS1 looked like Tales on the PS1. Same can be said with the PS2 on some ocassions. But now, we have two different things. Compare the SO4 pics to ToV...

I'm not saying it's bad lol I just prefer the other SO's style to this more realistic one (sorta reminds me of GeoW... O_o).

Edit: Btw, I dont' even watch anime lol.

They are going for a more realistic direction because the 360 is allowing them to make the character models that way.  It is still anime style, it's just not as obvious as in SO2 and 3

Soriku,
ToV - is Anime style
SO:The last Hope - is CGI-like style.

/off hmm.. yeah, ToV doesn`t looks as good as Naruto, but still nice.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Riachu said:
Soriku said:
memory2zack said:
Soriku said:

Meh...I think I'm trying too hard to compare it too much with Tales of games >_< I mean Tales and SO pretty similarly. Also, SO on the PS1 looked like Tales on the PS1. Same can be said with the PS2 on some ocassions. But now, we have two different things. Compare the SO4 pics to ToV...

I'm not saying it's bad lol I just prefer the other SO's style to this more realistic one (sorta reminds me of GeoW... O_o).

Edit: Btw, I dont' even watch anime lol.

They are going for a more realistic direction because the 360 is allowing them to make the character models that way.  It is still anime style, it's just not as obvious as in SO2 and 3

Maybe Namco should follow the FF and SO series and evolve the art style more.  I'm sure the masses wouldn't complain if ToV had an art style like SO4.

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2