By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo 3 crosses 8 million

Rock_on_2008 said:

Halo 3 sells 8 million. One in two people who played Halo 3 say its is just a slight upgrade of Halo 2.
FF XIII and GT 5 should easily sell over 15 million copies each. GTA 4 PS3 version only will even get over 8 million hopefully.

Wow, that's an overestimation in sales I haven't seen before. FFXIII can be very, very happy if it sells 8 million, GT5 can reach 10 probably. But only if PS3 improves its userbase significantly, especially in Japan and the US (Europe is going very well, but that's not FF country).

GTA is only around 4 million on PS3, (and yeah I know it's multiplat but it does tell something about the possibilities on PS3), and that was the biggest PS2 game. GTA4 PS3 will definitely not reach 8 million, do you really think it will double its sales when it's already out over 2 months?

Around the Network

i am expecting GT and FF to sell more then this game then being as any other one has outsold Halo in the previous generations

obieslut said:
i am expecting GT and FF to sell more then this game then being as any other one has outsold Halo in the previous generations

I know install base doesn't say everything, but the difference between Xbox and PS2 was quite different than 360 vs PS3.

Halo 3 online fucking rocks. Been having 3 to 4 hour sessions of Team Wat with two buds. There are still fuck loads of people on everyday, I think they average around 3 million matches a day. I will follow Bungie to the ends of the earth, or until their next project which will be announced on 7/7 most likely.

Congrats I guess ... to bad that just a "good" FPS can sell this well , and and absolute masterpiece like MP3 is still shooting to the 1.5 million mark :(

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

It looks awesome and had the best trailers ever. I love good music and great atmosphere in a game. The only reason why I want a 360.

Woooo chug chug chug. I can't wait for for 7/7!

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

The attach rate is amazing considering the number of used copies that get sold via gamestop, ebay, gamecrazy, blockbuster, gamefly, and so on...

Here's to hoping they make a prequel or something that really sets the trilogy up well with a solid story....

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Bobo012893 said:
I've played it more than 5 minutes on my own 360 and I still think it's crap. Gears of War rapes the crap out of Halo 3.

Crap might be pushing it, but it's overrated IMO and I agree that Gears is a better game than Halo 3.

OT: Congrats to MS and Bungie

Bobo012893 said:
I've played it more than 5 minutes on my own 360 and I still think it's crap. Gears of War rapes the crap out of Halo 3.

I have to agree that Gears of War is better, but i still love Halo 3. It has great multiplayer, and there are always people on it.