By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo 3 crosses 8 million

JaggedSac said:
Halo 3 online fucking rocks. Been having 3 to 4 hour sessions of Team Wat with two buds. There are still fuck loads of people on everyday, I think they average around 3 million matches a day. I will follow Bungie to the ends of the earth, or until their next project which will be announced on 7/7 most likely.

Hell yes it does. Last night I jumped on around 10 and played till 2Est and the number of users was around 300,000, give or take of course. And thats on a tuesday. Love it or hate it Halo is one of the greatest franchises in gaming and it's here to stay.

Consoles Owned: Sega Genesis, NES, PS2 (RIP) N64, Xbox, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii

"In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs it is rule."

~ Friedrich Nietzsche

Around the Network

^^Yep

obieslut said:
i am expecting GT and FF to sell more then this game then being as any other one has outsold Halo in the previous generations

This generation is different than last generation in that Sony is weaker and MS is stronger than before.  So expect Sony's big games to sell less than they did under their domination.

Absolutely love this game. Multi-player is the Shizznitte. Great legs for a great title.

I still think that VGC is under-tracking H3....H3 had shipped out 8.3m+ copies months ago.

But at any rate, you can't complain about the legs of H3. Yes, it had an insane first week, but people keep buying it - despite COD4's insane sales. I would of never thought that the 360 would have 2 FPS games, released nearly side-by-side, and both sell for a combined 17m+ by the time everything is said and done. Amazing.

Having said that, COD4 > H3.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

Congrats to Halo

still don't get it :p

Currently Playing:

Wii: Mario Kart Wii, Wii Sports Resort

Xbox360: Fifa 2009, Halflife 2 Episode 2
------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Want to play:
Wii: Lego Indiana Jones, SMG2
Xbox360: MW2
Squilliam said:
Awesome, but does anyone think that a motion controller similar to the Wiis two handed gun would be *FANTASTIC* for this game? I mean you can do Shooting, jumping, Melee and reloading with the motion controls and the feel of the gun in your hands with properly implemented rumble just makes me near orgasm with the thought of it.

It would be better than RE4 Wii, because the whole style of the game just suits motion controls so well! No offense to the Wii of course, its just that the game just screams motion control! :D

It deserves good sales it is a really good game.

off topic is halo wars going to be online only or is it both.

kowenicki said:
Lafiel said:
Lol, funny how the Halo 2 sales suddenly flatline. That seems a bit unrealistic, so I guess ioi just stopped tracking it.

sales probably did pretty much die though once the xbox was canned.

they still sell some xbox games as "best of platinum hits"

Probably still sells a under a thousand a week.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Congrats to H3.
I still play it with my kids. Just loving it.