By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NPD hates microsoft and lies

I dont have too much data to prove it ,buy I also doubt very highly that the X360 is outselling the PS3 here in Europe .The impression is totally the opossite .There will be more data in some months .Probably in E3 the companies will do a rundown in sales for differente territories and then we will see how accurate the european numbers are.The X360 seems to get overestimations by everybody (Patcher ,NPD preliminaries ,Vgchartz ) but it ultimately fails .

For example in my country the PS3 is selling slowly ....but selling .There isnt a strong perception that the Wii is outselling it for example (something I dont think isnt happening mind you ) .But there is a strong feeling the X360 simply doesnt sell ,well or not .Not X360 games in the tops ,the same X360 consoles in the shelves one month after the other ,many people changing it plus money for the PS3 ,even its most ardent fans attacking it in the official forums because of the reliability issues .....

Around the Network
Diomedes1976 said:
I dont have too much data to prove it ,buy I also doubt very highly that the X360 is outselling the PS3 here in Europe .The impression is totally the opossite .There will be more data in some months .Probably in E3 the companies will do a rundown in sales for differente territories and then we will see how accurate the european numbers are.The X360 seems to get overestimations by everybody (Patcher ,NPD preliminaries ,Vgchartz ) but it ultimately fails .

For example in my country the PS3 is selling slowly ....but selling .There isnt a strong perception that the Wii is outselling it for example (something I dont think isnt happening mind you ) .But there is a strong feeling the X360 simply doesnt sell ,well or not .Not X360 games in the tops ,the same X360 consoles in the shelves one month after the other ,many people changing it plus money for the PS3 ,even its most ardent fans attacking it in the official forums because of the reliability issues .....

The thing about perceptions is that they're often wrong because you're dealing with such a small sample size.

Take even this site, for example. Based on its posters and their allegiances, you would swear that the Wii was outselling everything by 10 times and that the PS3 was trouncing the 360. There are hardly any X360 owners on this forum and if they do own the console, they don't talk it up as much as PS3 and Wii owners talk up their consoles.

That doesn't mean that the console is not selling or that the figures are wrong. You might just be looking in the wrong place at the wrong time. This site obviously doesn't represent the overall gamer demographic and in all likelyhood, neither do your friends/family/town etc. Multiply that by the confusing nature of the European market and its vast discrepencies between countries and it becomes nearly impossible to accurately gauge what all its citizens are feeling.

In short, anecdotal evidence sucks. If I was to factor in my own experiences, the 360 is trouncing the competition. I know 10+ people with the console yet I'm the only one with a Wii and no one has even considered a PS3 purchase yet. Is this indicitive of US sales? Absolutely not, not even close.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Diomedes - please actually look at the sales breakdown.  The PS3 is doing best in Spain right now, and also well in some other small European countries right now when compared to its competitors.  The 360 is outselling PS3 weekly in PAL overall but all of that lead comes from the UK -- if you examine all of the PAL regions except for the UK, the PS3 actually does have a slight lead.

"Why would the PS3 pick up in sales at this time in its life as compared to the Xbox360 they seem to be treading fairly close to each other launches aligned and the Xbox360 picked up most its numbers its second christmas with a game like Gears of War this year the PS3 is going without its launch hype and competing against a system that is gaining a bandwagon affect in the Wii and has games people likely will look at like SMG and SSBB and the Xbox360 with games like Halo and Bioshock and the PS3 will bring Heavenly Sword and Ratchet and Clank maybe its not that I doubt its ability to increase sales during the holiday season just think when you throw in all those games and your the system with the smallest install base your going to see the smallest increase and if it is less than the Xbox360 recieved it would be hard to argue that it will be at the same sales point at this time next year outselling the Xbox360 by 55k a week and about 200k a month."

==> I totally aggry
when you are the last one, it is always harder to fight
it is why cut-price and even better "promising" game are needed
because with Bioshock, Xbox360 just have found her new system seller that is still absent in PS3 (E3 needed)

About the sales, i'm still wondering who believe about the Xbox360 sales in NA
there are a lot of difference between NPD and VGC ...

this period is not the most important in term of aboslute sales numbers but it says to us if the sales increase or decrease for all the system and we can make comparaison of PS3/Xbox360/Wii ""health""
and for the fight Xbox360/PS3 the USA numbers are very important ...

(ofc if we take in count The Wii then PS3/Xbox360 are dying ...)

Time to Work !

NJ5 said:
leo-j said:
NJ5 said:
JHawkNH said:
NJ5 said:
ckmlb said:
There is a good shot that the PS3 sells better (worldwide) at this point in its life that the 360 is now.

How is that possible, considering it's selling less in all territories?

PS: This topic should be locked, or at least its title should get changed...

The US was the 360's strong hold against the PS3. The PS3 is severly outselling the 360 in Japan. (At least according to the most resent data, but that could change this week with the release of Trusty Bell). And because the 360 is only slightly outselling the PS3 in Europe, it could mean that the PS3 will outsell (not by alot) the 360 for a few weeks until sales pick up in the US.

Forget what I said before, I was probably distracted when posting. However, it's still true that the PS3 is not outselling the 360, not even close to that:

In Japan, the PS3 is outselling the 360 by 7 or 8 thousand units per week, which is less than the amount that 360 is outselling the PS3 by in Europe/others. So just on those two places together, the 360 wins already. Add to that America, where the 360 owns the PS3...

What? The ps3 is out selling the 360 in europe were did you get that info. The only places the 360 is outselling the ps is in certain well the U S. The pal regions are being taken over by the wii and the ps3, The ps3 is outselling the 360. The worst selling onsole currently is not the ps3 its the 360, the only problem is that even though the ps3 is selling better than the 360 ever did the meida is crushing it to bits. I mean alot of negative information. Any how the place that the 360 is out selling the ps3 is the U S. Europe is wii/ps3 territtory.

Can you give any sources for that? All the data this site has doesn't support you. Neither in total number of units sold nor in current weekly sales:

http://vgchartz.com/eweekly.php?date=39243

PS: I give you extra hilariousness points for the "wii-ps3" comments... as if the ps3 was close to the wii in any region.

Of course it's impossible that this website whilst it tries its best, is over estimating the xbox360 numbers and underestimating the ps3 numbers for BOTH america and europe...

Around the Network
blowfish said:
NJ5 said:
leo-j said:
NJ5 said:
JHawkNH said:
NJ5 said:
ckmlb said:
There is a good shot that the PS3 sells better (worldwide) at this point in its life that the 360 is now.

How is that possible, considering it's selling less in all territories?

PS: This topic should be locked, or at least its title should get changed...

The US was the 360's strong hold against the PS3. The PS3 is severly outselling the 360 in Japan. (At least according to the most resent data, but that could change this week with the release of Trusty Bell). And because the 360 is only slightly outselling the PS3 in Europe, it could mean that the PS3 will outsell (not by alot) the 360 for a few weeks until sales pick up in the US.

Forget what I said before, I was probably distracted when posting. However, it's still true that the PS3 is not outselling the 360, not even close to that:

In Japan, the PS3 is outselling the 360 by 7 or 8 thousand units per week, which is less than the amount that 360 is outselling the PS3 by in Europe/others. So just on those two places together, the 360 wins already. Add to that America, where the 360 owns the PS3...

What? The ps3 is out selling the 360 in europe were did you get that info. The only places the 360 is outselling the ps is in certain well the U S. The pal regions are being taken over by the wii and the ps3, The ps3 is outselling the 360. The worst selling onsole currently is not the ps3 its the 360, the only problem is that even though the ps3 is selling better than the 360 ever did the meida is crushing it to bits. I mean alot of negative information. Any how the place that the 360 is out selling the ps3 is the U S. Europe is wii/ps3 territtory.

Can you give any sources for that? All the data this site has doesn't support you. Neither in total number of units sold nor in current weekly sales:

http://vgchartz.com/eweekly.php?date=39243

PS: I give you extra hilariousness points for the "wii-ps3" comments... as if the ps3 was close to the wii in any region.

Of course it's impossible that this website whilst it tries its best, is over estimating the xbox360 numbers and underestimating the ps3 numbers for BOTH america and europe...

Because you say so?

Do you have any real and valid prove or we simply trust in your words?

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

this is hilarious, of course it's always a conspiracy against you favorite system.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

The wii is selling miracles for nintendo, the only place that the ps3 is elling good in (comparing it to the 360) would be japan. Else where the "wii60" is selling way more units than the ps3.

mM