By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NPD hates microsoft and lies

Microsoft wont drop the price until Sony drop the PS3, the day Sony drops the PS3 I can almost gaurantee that Microsoft will drop the 360 as well (quote me on that).

They wont drop it sooner.

And sharky... I ask some members this sometimes and like to see how they respond -

Do you consider yourself a completely rational and down to earth (mentally) person? Or can you see how much you seem like a deluded fanboy?

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
ckmlb said:
There is a good shot that the PS3 sells better (worldwide) at this point in its life that the 360 is now.

How is that possible, considering it's selling less in all territories?

PS: This topic should be locked, or at least its title should get changed...

The US was the 360's strong hold against the PS3.  The PS3 is severly outselling the 360 in Japan. (At least according to the most resent data, but that could change this week with the release of Trusty Bell).  And because the 360 is only slightly outselling the PS3 in Europe, it could mean that the PS3 will outsell (not by alot) the 360 for a few weeks until sales pick up in the US.

JHawkNH said:
NJ5 said:
ckmlb said:
There is a good shot that the PS3 sells better (worldwide) at this point in its life that the 360 is now.

The US was the 360's strong hold against the PS3. The PS3 is severly outselling the 360 in Japan. (At least according to the most resent data, but that could change this week with the release of Trusty Bell). And because the 360 is only slightly outselling the PS3 in Europe, it could mean that the PS3 will outsell (not by alot) the 360 for a few weeks until sales pick up in the US.

Forget what I said before, I was probably distracted when posting. However, it's still true that the PS3 is not outselling the 360, not even close to that:

In Japan, the PS3 is outselling the 360 by 7 or 8 thousand units per week, which is less than the amount that 360 is outselling the PS3 by in Europe/others. So just on those two places together, the 360 wins already. Add to that America, where the 360 owns the PS3...

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:
JHawkNH said:
NJ5 said:
ckmlb said:

The US was the 360's strong hold against the PS3. The PS3 is severly outselling the 360 in Japan. (At least according to the most resent data, but that could change this week with the release of Trusty Bell). And because the 360 is only slightly outselling the PS3 in Europe, it could mean that the PS3 will outsell (not by alot) the 360 for a few weeks until sales pick up in the US.

Forget what I said before, I was probably distracted when posting. However, it's still true that the PS3 is not outselling the 360, not even close to that:

In Japan, the PS3 is outselling the 360 by 7 or 8 thousand units per week, which is less than the amount that 360 is outselling the PS3 by in Europe/others. So just on those two places together, the 360 wins already. Add to that America, where the 360 owns the PS3...

I said in this point of the life of a console where the 360 is now, next year for PS3 it is going to be outselling the 360 worldwide.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

I dont think X360 is outselling the PS3 in Europe ,but....

to remain in-topic ...as for the NPD data It seem the X360 is losing strenght month after month .Its sales have decreased continually since January ,not as fast as the PS3 ones but without giving doubts .
January 280K ,February 220K ,March 199K ,April 175K and May 154K ....so it has lost nearly 130K buyers monthly since january ,nearly as much as the PS3 and having excellent software (Lost Planet ,Crackdown ,etc etc) .This doesnt look too good for MS .And the bad news continue for Sony ,they seem estabilished around the 82K number and they must lower the price the sooner the better .Well ,I suppose that if they keep the 80+K level and MS continues to sell less Sony has some time left until september or october to cut the price along the release of some great games .

Around the Network

Why would the PS3 pick up in sales at this time in its life as compared to the Xbox360 they seem to be treading fairly close to each other launches aligned and the Xbox360 picked up most its numbers its second christmas with a game like Gears of War this year the PS3 is going without its launch hype and competing against a system that is gaining a bandwagon affect in the Wii and has games people likely will look at like SMG and SSBB and the Xbox360 with games like Halo and Bioshock and the PS3 will bring Heavenly Sword and Ratchet and Clank maybe its not that I doubt its ability to increase sales during the holiday season just think when you throw in all those games and your the system with the smallest install base your going to see the smallest increase and if it is less than the Xbox360 recieved it would be hard to argue that it will be at the same sales point at this time next year outselling the Xbox360 by 55k a week and about 200k a month.

NJ5 said:
JHawkNH said:
NJ5 said:
ckmlb said:

What? The ps3 is out selling the 360 in europe were did you get that info. The only places the 360 is outselling the ps is in certain well the U S. The pal regions are being taken over by the wii and the ps3, The ps3 is outselling the 360. The worst selling onsole currently is not the ps3 its the 360, the only problem is that even though the ps3 is selling better than the 360 ever did the meida is crushing it to bits. I mean alot of negative information. Any how the place that the 360 is out selling the ps3 is the U S. Europe is wii/ps3 territtory.

mM
leo-j said:
NJ5 said:
JHawkNH said:
NJ5 said:
ckmlb said:

What? The ps3 is out selling the 360 in europe were did you get that info. The only places the 360 is outselling the ps is in certain well the U S. The pal regions are being taken over by the wii and the ps3, The ps3 is outselling the 360. The worst selling onsole currently is not the ps3 its the 360, the only problem is that even though the ps3 is selling better than the 360 ever did the meida is crushing it to bits. I mean alot of negative information. Any how the place that the 360 is out selling the ps3 is the U S. Europe is wii/ps3 territtory.

Can you give any sources for that? All the data this site has doesn't support you. Neither in total number of units sold nor in current weekly sales:

http://vgchartz.com/eweekly.php?date=39243

PS: I give you extra hilariousness points for the "wii-ps3" comments... as if the ps3 was close to the wii in any region.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

@leo-j: lol the PS3 is outselling the 360 in europe...good joke
Ok, I admit that the 360-sales are not good in europe but never as bad as the PS3^^

sharky said:

Long distance call. I dont have long distance phone.

Take pictures, please. Then I will show you pictures of the Wii's sitting on the shelves.

Also I'm not sure Canada counts, 360 is less popular. Also, Elites are less in stock stock than Wii's, according to itrackr.com. So I guess I could say Elites alone are more popular. The ones sitting on your shelf are most likely core, if not premium. THey are certainly not Elites.

I find it kind of sad that someone simply isn't believeing that there's 6 360's on a shelf somewhere, Canada or not. They're all Premiums. We did get 3 or 4 Elite's in, and I believe that they were sold in about 6 or 7 days. So it's not like no one in Canada buys 360's. We've also had 2 PS3's on our store for about 3 weeks now, are you going to refute that? Or how about you refute the fact that we sold the 6 Wii's we recently got, in two days.