By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NPD hates microsoft and lies

So once again we have NPD showing an obscenely low number for 360 (155k) yet ioi shows them at 220+k.

NPD has fanboys like anywhere else. Every month I have to hear "Anita Frazier" gush over all things Nintendo. And how all her kids own DS and whatnot. It's sickeningly obvious where her heart lies.

And then we have the President of NPD's very unprofessional emails to ioi. Proving that organization does not have very high integrity standards.

I think it would just be too easy for fanboyism to creep into NPD's estimates. All of it is based on formulas and whatnot, it would be so easy for some 360 hater to "tweak" the 360 formulas down based on his own bias. Simply "decide" that the 360 needs a lower multiplier based on his "intuition" of what it is really selling.

It just doesn't jive what NPD reports. Stores cant even keep Elites in stock, you cannot find an Elite anywhere, yet MS had a pitiful 155k showing in the month? Doesn't seem right.

Around the Network
sharky said:

So once again we have NPD showing an obscenely low number for 360 (155k) yet ioi shows them at 220+k.

NPD has fanboys like anywhere else. Every month I have to hear "Anita Frazier" gush over all things Nintendo. And how all her kids own DS and whatnot. It's sickeningly obvious where her heart lies.

And then we have the President of NPD's very unprofessional emails to ioi. Proving that organization does not have very high integrity standards.

I think it would just be too easy for fanboyism to creep into NPD's estimates. All of it is based on formulas and whatnot, it would be so easy for some 360 hater to "tweak" the 360 formulas down based on his own bias. Simply "decide" that the 360 needs a lower multiplier based on his "intuition" of what it is really selling.

It just doesn't jive what NPD reports. Stores cant even keep Elites in stock, you cannot find an Elite anywhere, yet MS had a pitiful 155k showing in the month? Doesn't seem right.

Oh come on...

You are being a fanboy here jeez.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

ummmm the elite was sold at limited quantities... so that doesnt neccisarily mean the 360 is selling... you just sound like a fanboy who's mad because these numbers are lower than expected...

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

Possible..but that source seems to indicate Microsoft released the data to bloomberg..so they are probably happy with their sales figures.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=conewsstory&refer=conews&tkr=SNE:US&sid=al_jVeWnhvSA

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

I'll join in. Fanboy post.

Around the Network

We've had six 360's on the shelves in my store for two weeks. They probably won't go anywhere next week either. Like it or not, they're not exactly flying off the shelves.

The Elite is a failure, they tried to out tech Sony for no reason even though they are outselling them already...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Yeah well, we've had twenty Wii's at my store and not one has sold.

Anecdotal for the loss. 

sharky said:

Yeah well, we've had twenty Wii's at my store and not one has sold.

Anecdotal for the loss. 

my best friend walked in a store and got one today... i will surely be testing it out this weekend...

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

ckmlb said:
The Elite is a failure, they tried to out tech Sony for no reason even though they are outselling them already...

Yet Itrackr.com shows the Elite consistently with lower in stocks than the Wii. In other words it's sold out everywhere.

It's possible simply producing more Elite's to meet demand might drive MS numbers up. But yeah I agree, Elite was a bad idea.