By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 360 Million Seller Thread (Analysis, Updates, and Prediction)

I really enjoy this thread. Many many million sellers on 360 in the future *thumbs up*

Around the Network

I enjoyed the mini analysis for each game :D Nice numbers, I agree with a lot of them. I think the JRPG's could all swingly wildly depending on the kind of marketing support they get over here, but I think it's true that IU has the best chance of hitting the magic number before/over ToV, even if ToV turns out to be the better game

Sansui said:
I enjoyed the mini analysis for each game :D Nice numbers, I agree with a lot of them. I think the JRPG's could all swingly wildly depending on the kind of marketing support they get over here, but I think it's true that IU has the best chance of hitting the magic number before/over ToV, even if ToV turns out to be the better game

Everybody knows that S-E markets there games better than Namco especially when it comes to RPGs.

Cool list and nice read mrstickball.

I wouldnt be surprised if the following games slated for this year also makes it to a million:

Star Wars Force Unleashed
Viva Pinata 2
Rock Band 2
Prince of Persia 4
Far Cry 2

Zucas said:
How do you come up with the probability to be a million seller thing? Just curious.

I determine what my prediction will be for a given game, and then base probability that it will meet, or exeede those expectatons, and reach 1m LTD sales at a point in it's life.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network
Riachu said:
Sansui said:

Everybody knows that S-E markets there games better than Namco especially when it comes to RPGs.

S-E also gets large number of customers based on brand name, even if the game sucks.  I think IU could end up being a pretty bad game and still be a million seller, while ToV could turn out fantastic and barely squeak by.

Sad but true

mrstickball said:
Zucas said:
How do you come up with the probability to be a million seller thing? Just curious.

I determine what my prediction will be for a given game, and then base probability that it will meet, or exeede those expectatons, and reach 1m LTD sales at a point in it's life.

There is a small problem with your prodictions.  You are saying that ToV will have a better chance of hitting the a million mark than IU.  However, there are some facts you should know:

1.The Tales series is way more popular in Japan than in the US

2.The 360 has a small userbase in Japan and ToV probably wouldn't do all that well in Japan though it has a shot in the West

3.Square Enix, who are publishing IU, have historically done a better job of marketing their RPGs than Namco have

mrstickball said:
Zucas said:

I determine what my prediction will be for a given game, and then base probability that it will meet, or exeede those expectatons, and reach 1m LTD sales at a point in it's life.

Alright thx.

Sansui said:
Riachu said:
Sansui said:

S-E also gets large number of customers based on brand name, even if the game sucks. I think IU could end up being a pretty bad game and still be a million seller, while ToV could turn out fantastic and barely squeak by.

Sad but true

I think you are confusing IU with Too Human.  IU seems to be having positive press so far unlike the mixed reactions Too Human is getting

Riachu said:

I think you are confusing IU with Too Human.  IU seems to be having positive press so far unlike the mixed reactions Too Human is getting

Nah, I know what Infinite Undiscovery is.  I've played hundreds of jrpgs, so I keep pretty good tabs on the rpg scene.  The fact is, Square Enix always gets positive press, and they've also released a lot of very mediocre games that scored 9's and 10's.

But now we're digressing from the thread topic kinda.