By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft FUD on VGC is getting old...

segajon said:
I feel stupid, what is FUD???

thanks segajon I was afraid to ask.

O.T. is this site anti 360 I never would have thought that

Around the Network
Jandre002 said:
I actually LOLed at this. Do you all not see that every week sales has nothing to do with Microsoft, and everything to do with Sony? Every bad review, every hardware drop, evertying negative to do with Sony is immediately hopped upon by every Micrsoft/Nintendo fanboy. You do realize that the lack of "perspective" from some people just makes others want to correct their errors. FYI I didn't post that MGS4 ran at 27 FPS (26.2 but I rounded UP) to slap people who wave a Sony flag. I did it because of the misinformation about the game that was being used to support flawed arguments.

Seriously, you need to get over that. We were saying that all last year and it still continues. Sony still gets it the worst, its just that a lot of Sony fans who had it last year love seeing all this negative news about the Xbox360 so we can post payback. Just how many PS3 dominates the Xbox360 threads do we need in one year?

But we sure as hell didn't start it, and if we didn't have people like Mr.Stickball, Squilliam, Legend, NJ5, Starcraft, Neos (off the top of my head) all posting negative things about Sony whether it has anything to do with them or not, it wouldn't be so bad now. I thought we left the "he started" it back in the playground when we left school.
Most PS3 owners are happy with their product, especially now, and would be content only talking about PS3 news. I admit that I do post a lot of this news because I see it done and its almost become a game, but I like all of the consoles. I just believe the PS3 is the best one and it will inevitably outsell the 360.I can keep my cross-console opinions to myself in most topics if others can do the same. Is it negative to post against the Sony party line huh? Full HD, 60fps, Sony 'graphical dominance' and as other people have mentioned that hype combined with failings is meet it is matched with an equally strong backlash once reality meets hype.

BTW using the same standards in your arguments I say this "The Xbox360 will handily outsell the PS3 in Q3/Q4 this year worldwide" Since its an unbacked opinion like yours. You can argue against me and then it just falls to the level of tit for tat that we see in the forum. Because ill just say stuff then you will and so on.

Theres also a difference between an "attack" and a post with evidence refuting a common misconception.

Tease.

We as X360-fans are severly under-populated here, that is the main problem.

Just look at the VGC population thread:
http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=0&id=30522

The question was "What is your favorite console?" and the results so far are:
Wii: 48.9% (149 voters)
PS3: 39.7% (121 voters)
X360: 11.5% (35 voters)

Of course the size of the Nintendo-pop on VGC is unheard of. On all the big english speaking forums out there, the Nintendo pop is the smallest and the Nintendo/Wii-forums least active, by far.

But the proportion between the PS3 and X360 is very distorted here on VGC aswell. On the big gaming forums the Sony/PS3 sections are only slightly more populated and active than the MS/X360 forums.

I just don't like seeing the mods themselves trolling and doing the "FUD". They do that on the other site and it has gotten so bad that I stop going there on regular basis.

Mod need to be mod and stay above the fray but if we have mod that jump down every 360 trend just to troll then we are having problem and that's what I am seeing.

As far as game getting hype and lead to bashing ... well Too Human seems to be hype more by Sony-fanboy than by 360 fans.

The other way to look at it is volume of threads per forum:

Nintendo 48.2%
Sony: 31.9%
X360: 19.7%

Would be nice to see # of posts instead of threads.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

There's enough hate for all systems for any fan to develop a persecution complex, and I honestly hate it every time. I see Nintendo fans getting all defensive that people are trying to discount EU Brawl sales because the launch was smaller than MGS4, and I scroll up to find zero Nintendo haters posting above them. People like to play the victim, and they invent antagonists to justify doing so.

And then there are the people who never post except to call somebody else a troll. They're really productive.

Bottom line is this: Grow a thicker skin. Nobody is going to make your point for you, so if you see somebody saying something you don't like, speak up and call them on it. I know the 360 fans are scarce, but you can't expect the PS3/Wii/PC moderates to fight your battles for you.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

mysticD said:
I just don't like seeing the mods themselves trolling and doing the "FUD". They do that on the other site and it has gotten so bad that I stop going there on regular basis.

Mod need to be mod and stay above the fray but if we have mod that jump down every 360 trend just to troll then we are having problem and that's what I am seeing.

As far as game getting hype and lead to bashing ... well Too Human seems to be hype more by Sony-fanboy than by 360 fans.

Okies....yeah...this is the disconnect.

Let's take SSJ12 for instance.  He loves him some PC...and dallies/sides with the PS3.

He hates that Microsoft charges for the Live service....and he makes it known at many opportunities, including when someone disses Qore.

That is his RIGHT and PRIVILEGE as a POSTER on these forums.

It wouldn't be right if he banned you for knocking Qore...or for disagree with him about Microsoft's pay-to-play strategy.  That would be using his mod powers for his own personal gain...which is certainly wrong.

But to suggest that a moderator is not allowed to have an opinion or bias is just....naive.

When I started frequenting VGChartz last year, there was some FUD from PS3 owners but definitely not at the disproportionate levels seen now.

I believe its because the PS3 has improved from its dismal 2007 and its owners are trying to rally at even the smallest victory of outselling the 360 this year during Q1 and Q2 2008. People have even confessed revenge reasons, and unfortunately new members like me have to suffer.

I feel the mods actions are fair and are doing a good job. But it would be nice to see a one or two 360 slanted mods with a bit more of an iron fist like the others.

Here is some evidence that the VGChartz population is also disproportionate:

GameFAQs (a tips and cheats site for all platforms) also does polls and here are some results at the end of 2007:

Got Wii?

Yes, I got one for Christmas 7.2%

Yes, I got one before Christmas 49.7%

No, but I got an IOU for one 1.82%

No, but I would if I could find one 11.73%

No, I don't want one right now 29.55%

TOTAL VOTES     107901

Got Xbox 360?

Yes, I got one for Christmas 6.79%

Yes, I got one before Christmas 40.97%

No, but I plan to get one soon 5.4%

No, I just don't have the money for a new system 12.56%

No, I don't want one right now 34.28%

TOTAL VOTES     100670

Got PS3?

Yes, I got one for Christmas 4.89%

Yes, I got one before Christmas 16.5%

No, but I plan to get one soon 8.82%

No, they're just too expensive 25.24%

No, I don't want one right now 44.55%

TOTAL VOTES     109878

This shows: ~53k 360 owners,  ~71k Wii owners, ~30k PS3 owners (includes current and potential owners) which is pretty indicative of the market share of each console.

As mrstickball has shown in his post based on volume of threads, there is disproportionately less 360 activity here.

@super-eto

Well I am sorry but that is part of the price you have to pay for being a mod.  You want that nice shiny badge then you need to have to take some responsibility of what you post.  If mods themself are rampantly trolling that in essence show the other posters that it's ok to do the same.  That's what I see on site like NeoGaf where mods would jump on the bandwagon and trolling away.

If you are a mod then certain thing are sadly off-limit.  You can have opinions you can be console-centric (like Stickball here) but you need not to be a troll.

It's funny you bring up SSJ and yes I do have problem with him the most on this site that I admit.  But if calling another forum poster a "retard" because he/she does not agree with him is not abusing mod power then what would be constitute as abusing of power.  Or banning xbox poster and not Sony poster who is even more blatant in his trolling.

mysticD said:

@super-eto

Well I am sorry but that is part of the price you have to pay for being a mod. You want that nice shiny badge then you need to have to take some responsibility of what you post. If mods themself are rampantly trolling that in essence show the other posters that it's ok to do the same. That's what I see on site like NeoGaf where mods would jump on the bandwagon and trolling away.

If you are a mod then certain thing are sadly off-limit. You can have opinions you can be console-centric (like Stickball here) but you need not to be a troll.

It's funny you bring up SSJ and yes I do have problem with him the most on this site that I admit. But if calling another forum poster a "retard" because he/she does not agree with him is not abusing mod power then what would be constitute as abusing of power. Or banning xbox poster and not Sony poster who is even more blatant in his trolling.

I'd like to see that post.  It would make my day.