By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft FUD on VGC is getting old...

kn said:
DMeisterJ said:

Pish-tosh.

Just someone else whining that their console of choice is receiving the hate as of now. Hold on, I need to make a phone call:

Seriously, I'm surprised that you were able to type clearly with all your tears blurring your vision.

There's been hate on all consoles, not just the 360. The MGS4 hate was enough to fill a million "fanboy rockets", and if someone talks about Wii Third-Party support again, or boycotting Ubisoft, I'm going to scream. Seriously, get over it, and quit whining.

I think you might re-read my posts in this thread. I referenced Sony's FUD and FUD in other forums. I also mentioned part of the problem is simply lack of active posters in the 360 forum. This, of course, doesn't change the fact that you are a douchebag.

oh boy!

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
segajon said:
I feel stupid, what is FUD???

Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt.

"A follower of the light side tries to live in harmony with those around him. Mutual trust, respect, and the ability to form alliances give the Mods their distinct advantage over the Fanboys. In contrast, a follower of the dark side is only out for themselves. To strike down a living creature with the Force out of anger, fear or another emotion is of the dark side. To refrain and clear one's self of these emotions is of the light side. Use of the dark side of the Force is forbidden within the Mod Order, and is strictly considered the domain of the Fanboy."

This is the code of the MOD.

Tease.

the hate on Too Human isn't even at the same level as it was for Haze or Lair

To put Too Human in a list with Lair and Haze could be interpreted as bad-talking Too Human. It is not even released we do not know if it will suck as bad as Lair and Haze. (I never played Lair but the Haze demo was a very bad gaming experience *shudder* )

Most other forums (NeoGAF, Gamespot) have a much higher contengiency of X360 fans per capita than VGC does.

If you want me to be more active at modding the X360 forums, I can. Problem is I get either hate mail, or hate posts because I actually give a rats behind about the quality of posts in the 360 forum.

Anti-360 trolling has always been bad, and with a re-surgence of the PS3>360 for the past 3 months, and continued Wii dominance, it hasn't made for easy posting for 360 members. And of course, the great 360 library of games doesn't make it easy, because we can easily just go play a game, rather than pine about when domination starts.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:
Most other forums (NeoGAF, Gamespot) have a much higher contengiency of X360 fans per capita than VGC does.

If you want me to be more active at modding the X360 forums, I can. Problem is I get either hate mail, or hate posts because I actually give a rats behind about the quality of posts in the 360 forum.

Anti-360 trolling has always been bad, and with a re-surgence of the PS3>360 for the past 3 months, and continued Wii dominance, it hasn't made for easy posting for 360 members. And of course, the great 360 library of games doesn't make it easy, because we can easily just go play a game, rather than pine about when domination starts.

*ding dong* we have a winner, we have the best games available so why worry?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
kn said:

I guess now we know how the PS3 fans felt in their first 6 months with all the Sony FUD out there. It has become relentless lately on VG Chartz and it's really getting old. We have enough Too Human hate alone to fuel a fanboy rocket for a lifetime... Perhaps we need a little more active modding in the 360 forums to reduce trolling a bit. (that goes for the other forums as well)

Let me also add that I don't think MS is the uber console and does nothing wrong. It has its issues. But the FUD and hate on this site is getting really, really old. Childish and old.

Has a mature gamer (since spectrum) and owner of both PS3 and XBOX360 I do agree with you.

I just don't know if the haters are kids or persons that haven't tried XBOX360, and more important, online gaming using LIVE.

Anyways, it's going on since forever..... (Since RROD and stuff)

It seems people look at their pieces of plastic made in China and feel them as family..... Some people seem to care more about their pieces of plastic than a brother or sister.

I just want to play good games and be online with some friends :)

Mods should definetly use their power to shut down some people that are ruining the forums.

Peace people :)

By the end of this generation in 2011 we will have:

18.890.000 + (174 x 120.000) = 39.770.000 for XBOX360
12.610.000 + (174 x 170.000) = 42.190.000 for PS3

I love it. I thrive on it. Bring it on. I just spent 3 hours lasting night destorying fuckers on Halo 3 in Team Swat with two of my buds. It might not be everybody's thing, but I sure as hell enjoy it. If you don't, go fuck yourself.

mrstickball said:

*Ding* we don't have a winner. 

We have someone who is finally on the other side of the tracks after PS3s horrendous 2007 year.

The MS FUD will end once the new xbox is released next year.

I think what people a lot of the negative things said tends to be proportional to the amount of hype a product gets. For example, with Lair for months people were claiming it was going to be the best game ever. Of course if you hype a title like that, there is going to be a lot flak if the game doesn't live up to the hype.

I'm not saying it's right, but that is the reality.