By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft FUD on VGC is getting old...

Kyros said:
To be honest I do not have much empathy for 360 owners. Ps3 owners were mercilessly taunted by Wii60 owners during the first year.

But we could form an alliance and start taunting Wii owners with their kiddie system

I am intrigued by this idea and would like to subscribe to your newsletter

Around the Network

Pish-tosh.

Just someone else whining that their console of choice is receiving the hate as of now.  Hold on, I need to make a phone call:

Seriously, I'm surprised that you were able to type clearly with all your tears blurring your vision.

There's been hate on all consoles, not just the 360.  The MGS4 hate was enough to fill a million "fanboy rockets", and if someone talks about Wii Third-Party support again, or boycotting Ubisoft, I'm going to scream.  Seriously, get over it, and quit whining.

starcraft said:
Hmmm.

I think I could name about 10 posters that contribute 90% of the MS/Xbox 360 FUD.

But I think Montana is wrong to suggest that this site's lack of MS fans is due to the company's lack of performance, as there were never many MS fans here when the console was selling great, and for most of its lifetime the PS3's performance was dismal, but VGC has always had plenty of ardent Sony fans.

I agree.  I have all three consoles this generation and my favourite is the 360.  In the last 3 months I have been visiting the site less and less because the forums are becoming increasingly negative, not just about 360 but also the other consoles as well.  It seems like all the fanboys just want to slag other fanboys.

Too bad their wasn't a feature on the site for people to be identified as "overly zealous fanboys" of a particular console by the mods and then for forum posters to be able to specify when they create a post that certain overly zealous fanboy groups cannot post on that thread.

starcraft said:
@ Montana
The Xbox 360 sold very solidly from a month prior to the launch of Halo 3 until the end of 2007. It also sold well around Gears (which was pre my time on VGC) and it sold well in Europe after its price drop. Certainly its sales have never been bad enough to act as a deterrent to Xbox 360 fans signing up (except for Japan).

But there was a large, large number of Sony fans on this site a year ago when the console wasn't doing well. Granted, their numbers have increased in the last three or four months. I also think its true that they get away with a lot more than people like me/legend/Gebx that are perceived to be strong Xbox 360 fans.

Thats probably attributable to the fact that there are many Nintendo leaning mods, a fair few (fairly hardcore) Sony leaning mods, and only one Microsoft leaning mod (MrStickBall) who almost never bans anyone.

Who are these Sony leaning mods you're talking about? There's Ssj12, who happens to like the PC better than the PS3 anyways. The only other person than him would be me, and while I lean towards Sony, I own the other consoles as well which can be said for only a couple mods.

DMeisterJ said:

Pish-tosh.

Just someone else whining that their console of choice is receiving the hate as of now. Hold on, I need to make a phone call:

Seriously, I'm surprised that you were able to type clearly with all your tears blurring your vision.

There's been hate on all consoles, not just the 360. The MGS4 hate was enough to fill a million "fanboy rockets", and if someone talks about Wii Third-Party support again, or boycotting Ubisoft, I'm going to scream. Seriously, get over it, and quit whining.

I think you might re-read my posts in this thread.  I referenced Sony's FUD and FUD in other forums.  I also mentioned part of the problem is simply lack of active posters in the 360 forum.  This, of course, doesn't change the fact that you are a douchebag.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Around the Network

I feel stupid, what is FUD???

Alright Kn, settle down. Don't call another person a douchebag because they would just make you one yourself.

And that's a warning. Chill.

segajon said:
I feel stupid, what is FUD???

Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt.

Dude, the hate on Too Human isn't even at the same level as it was for Haze or Lair, so just chill out.  And at least the threads which have been started about it have been based off of an article rather than just somewhat talking out of there ass.  Some games go down in flames, its just what happens.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

MontanaHatchet said:
starcraft said:
@ Montana
The Xbox 360 sold very solidly from a month prior to the launch of Halo 3 until the end of 2007. It also sold well around Gears (which was pre my time on VGC) and it sold well in Europe after its price drop. Certainly its sales have never been bad enough to act as a deterrent to Xbox 360 fans signing up (except for Japan).

But there was a large, large number of Sony fans on this site a year ago when the console wasn't doing well. Granted, their numbers have increased in the last three or four months. I also think its true that they get away with a lot more than people like me/legend/Gebx that are perceived to be strong Xbox 360 fans.

Thats probably attributable to the fact that there are many Nintendo leaning mods, a fair few (fairly hardcore) Sony leaning mods, and only one Microsoft leaning mod (MrStickBall) who almost never bans anyone.

Who are these Sony leaning mods you're talking about? There's Ssj12, who happens to like the PC better than the PS3 anyways. The only other person than him would be me, and while I lean towards Sony, I own the other consoles as well which can be said for only a couple mods.

+1, it seems most of the Mods have PC leanings anyway. It helps keep them fairer I guess.

BTW Starcraft, I have been secretly seducing Montana into buying Fable 2 - you will see.

Also the Nintendo leaning mods are pretty relaxed, they won remember? ^^ (Thats only if they even cared really in the first place)

Tease.