By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 VS. X360 multi-plat Graphics Comparison

NJ5 said:

Uncharted has good graphics but it runs at 30 fps... Look at Ninja Gaiden 2 which runs at 60 fps and its graphics are almost up to par with Uncharted's.ninja gaiden 2 isnt even close to uncharted in details

I'm pretty sure Uncharted would run on the 360, but of course it will never get ported so this will remain an open question.

MGS4 doesn't have better graphics than 360 games like Gears of War.Horrendously wrong

I don't know about GT5:p, since I never played any racer on the 360.

From the games released so far, I believe the 360 and PS3 are about equal in performance (each has specific advantages, but generally speaking are about equal).

MGS4 doesnt have better graphics than gears of war? What have you been smoking?

mM
Around the Network

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/843/843290/ninja-gaiden-2-20080102000128225.jpg

I know Uncharted is more detailed than Ninja Gaiden 2, but it's a 30 fps game vs a 60 fps one which isn't that different in terms of detail. I'm pretty sure it could run on the 360, it just so happens that there isn't a really close game to it.

Regarding Gears of War vs MGS4, from what I've seen so far I don't see a big difference in terms of graphics, and that's comparing a really old game to a new one... Gears of War 2 will (apparently) have more detail and more on-screen enemies, which is a graphical improvement. It will be better to compare it to Resistance 2 though.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/843/843290/ninja-gaiden-2-20080102000128225.jpg

I know Uncharted is more detailed than Ninja Gaiden 2, but it's a 30 fps game vs a 60 fps one which isn't that different in terms of detail. I'm pretty sure it could run on the 360, it just so happens that there isn't a really close game to it.

Regarding Gears of War vs MGS4, from what I've seen so far I don't see a big difference in terms of graphics, and that's comparing a really old game to a new one... Gears of War 2 will (apparently) have more detail and more on-screen enemies, which is a graphical improvement. It will be better to compare it to Resistance 2 though.

MGS4 looks miles better than any of the media you have seen on the internet.

mM

I can no longer have an intelligent conversion with you NJ5, if you think Gears looks as good as MGS4.

That's like if I said Gears looks better then Gingerbread man, and you said "I don't see anything different in terms of graphics". Where do you go from there?

Please take off your fanboy goggles, and come back to the conversation.

Wait, are you saying I'm a 360 fanboy? Lol...

Seriously, it doesn't look that different. The art is much better in MGS4 though.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
leo-j said:
NJ5 said:

Uncharted has good graphics but it runs at 30 fps... Look at Ninja Gaiden 2 which runs at 60 fps and its graphics are almost up to par with Uncharted's.ninja gaiden 2 isnt even close to uncharted in details

I'm pretty sure Uncharted would run on the 360, but of course it will never get ported so this will remain an open question.

MGS4 doesn't have better graphics than 360 games like Gears of War.Horrendously wrong

I don't know about GT5:p, since I never played any racer on the 360.

From the games released so far, I believe the 360 and PS3 are about equal in performance (each has specific advantages, but generally speaking are about equal).

MGS4 doesnt have better graphics than gears of war? What have you been smoking?

Crysis on High settings and above on PC has even better graphics than MGS 4. Had to be said.

epinefridis said:
The screen tearing in GRID is horrible. All games perform MUCH better on 360! :)

Trolling = bad

@ TheRealMafoo

The 360 GPU is faster then the PS3 GPU, but the PS3 can supplement the GPU with its CPU far better then the 360 can. In the end, this means the PS3 can produce better graphics. You want real world examples?

I agree the 360 GPU can in specific situations be faster, but in other situations the RSX can be faster. The main difference is really the use of EDRAM on the Xenos daughter chip. This can provide fillrate advantages for adding HDR or AA as long as the data fits the EDRAM, but sadly there's not enough EDRAM (10 MB, look at Halo 3, a high profile 1st party exclusive extreme development budget, but 640p without AA with fluctuating framerate), so going up in resolution or adding HDR as well as AA becomes a bottleneck the RSX doesn't have to deal with.

And you are right the Cell is excellently well suited to assist the RSX, that's what the RSX and Cell have been designed for. Much better than what the Xenon can do for the Xenos. However for example for a game like Motorstorm the Cell does not assist the RSX and looks very good and for a game like Genji 2 the Cell's SPUs weren't even used at all, but graphically the game looks good amongst the launch titles.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

NJ5 said:

Wait, are you saying I'm a 360 fanboy? Lol...

Seriously, it doesn't look that different. The art is much better in MGS4 though.

lol im sorry but thats totall crap.... MGS4 looks miles better than GoW... if you want co compare than go for GoW vs UT3... the games pretty much look identical....

NJ5 said:

uncharted drakes fortune is technically stunning, there is no game that looks as good as uncharted, on the 360 if there is can someone provide a gamplay clip.

regarding MGS4 being less than gears 1 lol thats a joke, even unreal 3 is better than gears 1 and thats coming from mark rein the epic guy, he said unreal 3 is running better than what gear 1 did.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...