By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 VS. X360 multi-plat Graphics Comparison

NJ5 said:

I've been seeing MGS4 screenshots and videos, and I still don't get what's so special about this game's graphics other than the art direction. I have also seen (good quality) footage of the game on a big screen at a games shop once. It has good graphics by any measure, just not outstanding to the point of being a showcase of PS3's capabilities.

Since I must be missing something, please post some links to any HD screenshot/video which shows these amazing MGS4 graphics.

No because you cant find any of these videos anywhere, they have been delted of youtube etc..

The only way you can see MGS4 for what it truley looks is on the PS3.

MGS4 flies by uncharted in graphics, and it has much bigger environments.

mM
Around the Network
HappySqurriel said:

Wow ... more arguments about insignificant graphical differences between the two platforms.

From what I have seen this generation I think that it is fair to say that the difference between the XBox 360 and the PS3 is (much) smaller than the difference between the PS2 and the XBox; this is made (noticeably) worse for the PS3 because it is far more difficult to achieve decent performance out of the PS3 so it has difficulty obtaining similar performance as the XBox 360.

Even after 3 years (and hundreds of man-years) of development of the best developers in the world the PS3 has yet to produce a game which is dramatically better than anything that has been produced for the XBox 360; ultimately I think that it is fair to say that we will never see a game which is that far beyond anything the XBox 360 will produce.

Its like KILLZONE 2 never surpassed its CGI.

mM
FJ-Warez said:
TheRealMafoo said:
I can no longer have an intelligent conversion with you NJ5, if you think Gears looks as good as MGS4.

That's like if I said Gears looks better then Gingerbread man, and you said "I don't see anything different in terms of graphics". Where do you go from there?

Please take off your fanboy goggles, and come back to the conversation.

Well I think that MGS4 looks better than GeoW, but is not "a lot better" or a "huge gap", in fact an old post shows two pics of cutscenes from the two games, and, well see it yourself...

i think gears of war is more detailed but MGS4 is more sharper.

NNN2004 said:i think gears of war is more detailed but MGS4 is more sharper.

That screenshot doesnt do any justice to the game, and neither do any of the videos on the net.

mM
NNN2004 said:
FJ-Warez said:
TheRealMafoo said:
I can no longer have an intelligent conversion with you NJ5, if you think Gears looks as good as MGS4.

That's like if I said Gears looks better then Gingerbread man, and you said "I don't see anything different in terms of graphics". Where do you go from there?

Well I think that MGS4 looks better than GeoW, but is not "a lot better" or a "huge gap", in fact an old post shows two pics of cutscenes from the two games, and, well see it yourself...

Detail marginally over sharpness. They both look good though.

Around the Network
leo-j said:
HappySqurriel said:

Wow ... more arguments about insignificant graphical differences between the two platforms.

From what I have seen this generation I think that it is fair to say that the difference between the XBox 360 and the PS3 is (much) smaller than the difference between the PS2 and the XBox; this is made (noticeably) worse for the PS3 because it is far more difficult to achieve decent performance out of the PS3 so it has difficulty obtaining similar performance as the XBox 360.

Even after 3 years (and hundreds of man-years) of development of the best developers in the world the PS3 has yet to produce a game which is dramatically better than anything that has been produced for the XBox 360; ultimately I think that it is fair to say that we will never see a game which is that far beyond anything the XBox 360 will produce.

Its like KILLZONE 2 never surpassed its CGI.

In fact killzone2 still lags behind the CGI... go and look for the pics of the CGI and you will see...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
Rock_on_2008 said:
NNN2004 said:
FJ-Warez said:
TheRealMafoo said:

Detail marginally over sharpness. They both look good though.

yah sure.

Well, another two, similar enviroment, both in game, and both feature crappy textures in some model...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
leo-j said:
NJ5 said:

I've been seeing MGS4 screenshots and videos, and I still don't get what's so special about this game's graphics other than the art direction. I have also seen (good quality) footage of the game on a big screen at a games shop once. It has good graphics by any measure, just not outstanding to the point of being a showcase of PS3's capabilities.

Since I must be missing something, please post some links to any HD screenshot/video which shows these amazing MGS4 graphics.

No because you cant find any of these videos anywhere, they have been delted of youtube etc..

The only way you can see MGS4 for what it truley looks is on the PS3.

MGS4 flies by uncharted in graphics, and it has much bigger environments.

What's your point? Videos are a capture of the PS3's output, good quality videos have to look as good as the real thing... Let's not get into the black magic territory please.

Otherwise I can also claim that the Wii has much better graphics than those videos around the net, and since you don't have one what will you say then?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

FJ-Warez said:In fact killzone2 still lags behind the CGI... go and look for the pics of the CGI and you will see...

No it doesnt, after seeing the "gameplay" in the pre rendered Killzone 2 trailer, the new killzone 2 GDC which is the same level looks much better, and sharper than the CGI.

The character models look better in the pre rendered, but everything else goes to the actual game.

Also here is MGS4:

MAJOR SPOILER: Skip to 0:45 and on, yes its all gameplay you do play in that scene with those visuals.

edit:Its SD quality, looks much better in HD.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RjAgFowTF6I

mM