By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 VS. X360 multi-plat Graphics Comparison

NNN2004 said: 

its the same as Perfect Dark Zero graphics.

No..

And thats a good pic of PDZ

mM
Around the Network
NNN2004 said:

its the same as Perfect Dark Zero graphics.

Oh yes, Perfect Dark Zero looks as good as Uncharted!! OMG!!!

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

its only my opinion.

Shameless said:
Is PS3 ever going to do anything at the level of 360 on multiplatform graphics?

GTA IV, COD 4, Battlefield Bad company and Devil May Cry 4 were all graphically superior to their 360 counterparts.

NNN2004 said:
its only my opinion.

keep it then

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network
Rock_on_2008 said:
Shameless said:
Is PS3 ever going to do anything at the level of 360 on multiplatform graphics?

GTA IV, COD 4, Battlefield Bad company and Devil May Cry 4 were all graphically superior to their 360 counterparts.

Not really, the only one I can´t compare is BF:BC but the other 3, the 360 version is a little bit better...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

but i think water and trees is the same .

MikeB said:

@ Deneidez

CELL can't help RSX easily

Let's look at what the experts have to say.

*lots of text*

Well, I didn't say it can't help. Its just its not that easy and it comes with a cost. Ok, lets take few arguments from those experts.

1. If you preprocess geometry, where do you get space to save results?

2. If you preprocess shaders, again... where do you get space to save results and space for processing?

3. Backface-culling on CELL, results again.

No, you can't do those in 'real time'. Maybe some just before sending first ones, but most of them must be saved somewhere and that means less memory for rest of the game. If you do those while GPU is doing nothing, you are not really gaining anything. And yes, you can get 'incredible' room with PS3, but when it comes to whole game world it just can't handle that as well as that room, because of all bottlenecks.

However you seem to know some stuff. Do you realize that with PS3 you can't use all programming paradigms. You are stuck with procedural programming when it comes to SPEs. Sometimes you even need to go even lower and use asm, which is something that you really should use only for optimizing not to for initial programing. Of course PPE can handle any programming paradigm there is, but still. Call me lazy, if you will, but that will make programming much harder and much costly. :)

Wtf are you talking about? :D

(Yeah, I am dev who is stuck with PC, because no money for devkits. Actually I wouldn't even want to do anything for any console. Way too restricted platform.)

XNA developer?

Not really, just wondering why did you throw something about those shaders. Both ways have their own strong points.

@HappySqurriel

Hehe, and how about Gabe Newells comments? He really likes PS3.

Skeeuk said:
NNN2004 said:
its only my opinion.

keep it then

Tone down a bit, everyone's entitled to have and share his or her opinion.  

NNN2004 said:
its only my opinion.

And your welcome to your opinion.  It's just annoying that people put credability in what a (crappy games site) replace with Eurogamer if required.  When it's quite obvious that they are down with the PS3 and consistently up the 360 no matter what.

See what kind of scores Eurogamer gives PS3-only titles:

• Resistance: Fall of Man - 60%
  • Metal Gear Solid 4 - 80%
  • Ratchet & Clank - 80%
  • Uncharted - 90%
  • Ninja Gaiden Sigma - 70%

With Uncharted the only exception, all other games were getting much better scores by most of the big/decent review sites.  And MGS4, only got 80% compared to the average of 95% based on 59 reviews, and Resistance only got 60% compared to the average of 86% based on 70 reviews.

And theres a fair few on here that get caught up in the farce as well.  Please wake up and smell the roses!!!

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)