By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - UBISOFT:pc is the best platform for casual games

brute said:
MontanaHatchet said:
PC is the ultimate casual platform. It encompasses both genders, in all different age groups, with many different interests and beliefs and preferences.

youd think that those people would mostly play flash games

not totally. PopCap Games is a perfect example of the casual of the casual. Even that crap that comes pre-installed one most computers, forget the name.... normally on HPs and that crap, sells many casual titles.

The PC is a very versitial system that can encompass all forms of gaming.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network
brute said:
Strategyking92 said:
brute said:
MontanaHatchet said:
PC is the ultimate casual platform. It encompasses both genders, in all different age groups, with many different interests and beliefs and preferences.

youd think that those people would mostly play flash games

which are casual..... ?

are you talking about which games are casual or which people?

Uh...he's saying flash games are casual.

Those are the games people go to play on their computer when they're bored.  If you're sitting around with nothing to do, you go to something like Kongregate.com or the thousands of other sites with fun flash games to play.

Of course they're free so they don't really factor into the equation...but the downloadable games on consoles are only a little bit better than most flash games that are easily played on a computer.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

The PC is easily the largest/most popular/best casual gaming platform. It is the most widely available to the world. The internet makes new games accessible to so many. The caveat is that the games aren't likely what you're thinking of. Flash/java games are king. Simply because they utilize Flash/java doesn't make them any less games. They are designed for casual gamers by being quick plays. This says nothing about the ridiculous attention solitaire gets. Here are tree major game portals: Yahoo! Games, Popcap Games and AddictingGames.com . I know plenty of people that waste countless productive hours of work at these sites. I can't talk about revenue and the likes of ubisoft. I know that these sites operate on advertising revenue to stay alive.

brute said:
BenKenobi88 said:

The most money for PC gaming comes from casual gaming, such as The Sims, or World of Warcraft, or PopCap Games. Those have made more money than any console or PC game.

Adults play PC games just as much as kids, since they all have access to PCs.

this is what i was trying to say adults play the pc the most and that they buy mostly hardcore games,but you are also right,i had forgotten about games such as the sims

Well of course more adults buy the "hardcore" games...they're supposed to after all, if a game is rated M...

I think you just need to check up on more PC facts, you seem to be a little confused sometimes...you need to remember that almost everyone already owns a computer, so playing games on them is just a given sometimes.

It's like when people on this site start arguments about consoles vs. PC, except they never acknowledge the fact that you already own a PC anyway, so owning a "gaming PC" isn't just for games...it's for everything else as well, things consoles can't do.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

yeah i guess that alot of casuals play pc games alot,but do you think they buy more games then the cauals that buy games for consoles?cause if they dont then what does ubi win from that?

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
So why aren't their "Z" games on pc?

Because the PC is mainly being focused on by the Imagine series.

sc94597 said:
So why aren't their "Z" games on pc?

Um...

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/938701.asp?q=Petz
http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/942648.asp?q=Petz
http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/942838.asp?q=Petz
http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/925901.asp?q=Petz
http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/942865.asp?q=Petz

Yeah...

PC has the most hardcore game audience ever.

Wii Code: 4819-7684-2396-4558

Most casual as in playing flash games for free or those crappy "19000 games" for $3 at Wal Mart, than yes; he would be correct.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

YES! so they are going to bring all the Z games to PC?

You PC guys must be so friggin happy! I know they were all dieing for some Ubi love!

Pc is nothing more than two pc's duct taped together.... err... err Pc will be the death of true core gaming? ...

meme's are so fun XD

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D