By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - UBISOFT:pc is the best platform for casual games

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/pc-platform-is-the-best-for-casual-games-says-ubisoft-s-lead-designer

ehmm i think he is very off,pc has the most hardcore base

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

Well uh... he's right, but PC can be both the best casual and the best hardcore platform. That's why the PC is so great.

BTW, unrelated, but pic of a Radeon HD4870X2

Sexy.

Well everyone I know has a PC which means they dont have to go buy other hardware.

This ones better:

well duh, ofcourse PC is the best platform for casual games

the reason why i dont agree with him is that most of the adults play games on PC

Around the Network

ugh.... ubisoft

:/

Proud member of the Fierce Fox Force.

"I strike spurs onto my Wii controller. And against Sony and MS I fling myself,
unvanquished and unyielding. 'O Wii!!!"

-The Nintendian Philosophy

I both agree and disagree ...

The "Casual" market is so broad and poorly defined that it is difficult to come up with a comprehensive strategy which actively targets the whole market. The one platform that the "Casual" gamers are most likely going to have is a PC, but it is also the most difficult platform to target them with because the system they have will vary from being a Pentium 3 to a Core Two duo (and it could also be a Mac that could be anything from a G3 to a new Core 2 system).

The Wii and DS have the benefit of being the second and third most likely platforms for a "Casual" gamer to have, and they have a uniform user interface and performance range.

PC is the ultimate casual platform. It encompasses both genders, in all different age groups, with many different interests and beliefs and preferences.

MontanaHatchet said:
PC is the ultimate casual platform. It encompasses both genders, in all different age groups, with many different interests and beliefs and preferences.

youd think that those people would mostly play flash games

hmmm, I guess so, PC's are everywhere now...