By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Live should be free now...

Aj_habfan said:
Strategyking92 said:
Aj_habfan said:
DirtyP2002 said:

it is funny that the PS3-supporters want Xbox Live to be free while the xbox-supporters are willing to pay for this offer.

You win.

This is sad. PS3 fans, if they want to pay money, just let them pay their damn money.

I don't give a damn if you think it's sad, let us do as we please. It is of no concern to YOU.

That is exactly what I was saying...

EDIT: oh, nvm.

I thought you were being patronizing, but i'll asume you weren't.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network
XGamer0611 said:
eNamrah said:
How many people on Xbox Live actually have gold accounts? They're certainly in the minority. There are supposedly 10+ million Xbox Live members and not all of them are gold.

Actually, there are 17.7 Million XBL users and 10 Million are Gold Members.

Source: http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2008/01/07/10-million-xbox-live-gold-users-getting-a-free-arcade-game-after-holiday-2007-downtime-issues.htm

Actually you're wrong. That article says there are 10 million Gold members but doesnt say there are 17.7  million live users, it says of the 17.7 million 360s sold. there are about 12 million live users total.

B

so, 10 mill. gold users and 2 mill. silver users.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Strategyking92 said:
so, 10 mill. gold users and 2 mill. silver users.

that sounds about right to me as all the people I know who have 360s have a Gold membership.

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

Fernando said:

With all the Sony announcements about the 2.40 update, now the PS3 is almost on par with the 360.

Xbox Live still has some advantages over the PS3, but not worth $50 per year anymore.

What do you guys think?

I think it should have always been free.

Around the Network

yeah how about you keep your ugly ass home stuff for free on your console with no gamers online and let me pay if I want my XBL ???? what is the matter with you people.. you have what you digg and you still need to come here argue ??? damn if I want a sim's like environment on my console that is basically the biggest portal for money making Sony ever thought about I'd buy a PS3... because trust me by the end of the month I'm pretty sure the real home user will spend more money than an XBL user... but that's another story... if it was up to me i'd put XBL at 20$ a month with a text base dialog box old school style so we don't have all those moronic kids online....hell i'd aven settle for a MS DOS like interface to keep away a little more of those lol

if 50$ a year keep 1 million of those away i'll keep paying until the end even if PSN happens to be better....

now I have a question for Sony players, why is that there is less online players on your so amazing free online than on XB ????

(oh and for the one who named steam earlier please.... if that's the best they can do on PC thankfully it's free... it's not amazing it's just the best you can find)

now i still wait to see how amazing PSN will be, so far it doesn't appear so.... and i wonder what will happen when they'll actually have massive games with millions of players playing online at the same time... I don't know why... but if PSN actually works... I'd expect some massive issues with servers and lag at the beginning at least... or home and stuff is just another bone they'll throw at you to chew on and no games will exploit it like they do on XBL... without saying that maintenance for servers doesn't come free.. that'd push a price drop even further for sony... or profitability one or the other...

now go back play on your PSN I have to play on my XBL... have fun that's all that matter in the end...

about number of gold members... I read an article stating that they were about 60% of the XB owners.... and yeah i'm sure it was a gold only number as I had that argument with my ex roommate a year ago and sent him the link for that reason... I would have looked for the link in my logs... but my laptop died on me this morning... so I don't know when I get my data back

JaggedSac said:
Yes, please let people do what they want. Not sure what the fuck difference it makes to any of you guys anyway.

People will continue to pay for MMOs even though there are free ones out there, and the upkeep costs are the same for all of them.

$0.14 cents a day, I can live with that.

I can't believe people will pay to watch shitty Hollywood movies, but I am not going to argue with them that they should stop it when they are clearly enjoying themselves.

Well played sir.

I'm glad Sony gives us online gaming for free. It doesn't seem like it should cost $50 a year for matchmaking to setup a p2p game. I was under the impression that a Gold membership would give you dedicated gaming servers like some of the Sony games.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

I have both consoles so I like to feel my opinion is balanced...which it probably isn't

And whilst PS3 have significantly caught up the 360 in terms of comparison between PSN and Live I have always played on the 'inferior' PS3 online system because I cannot justify paying for the XBox Live cost.

Especially taking into consideration I've always played for Free with other online games in the past for the past what 8-10 years. Why is it suddenly costing money?

In addition out of curiosity hasn't Live been the same price since release? (Please confirm if wrong!)
Either way, I believe it's due a cut. Then I may consider subscribing.

As it is I wait until there is a month/s until I can justify the purchase and then hammer it online for that month alone.