By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Live should be free now...

With all the Sony announcements about the 2.40 update, now the PS3 is almost on par with the 360.

Xbox Live still has some advantages over the PS3, but not worth $50 per year anymore.

What do you guys think?

Around the Network

Yeah, I have to agree. The only thing that they seem to be announcing is their avatars which pales in comparison to Home ( if it ever gets released).

Go Home!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

But how do you want MS to earn money if it becomes free ?

Time to Work !

I just made a post like this and they said
blah blah blah"we get demos"
blah blah blah "voice messages".

And they said the $50 is warranted
(Right Mr.Stickball?)

Around the Network

How many people on Xbox Live actually have gold accounts? They're certainly in the minority. There are supposedly 10+ million Xbox Live members and not all of them are gold.

Jandre002 said:
I just made a post like this and they said
blah blah blah"we get demos"
blah blah blah "voice messages".

And they said the $50 is warranted
(Right Mr.Stickball?)

People always want to justify their purchase. I mean, if I paid 50$ a year for online, I would do the same thing. Well, not if it was for Nintendo's online.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Gold (I think) accounts for 50% of users.

FYI: Gold is about $35 a month where I live. If I used XBL a lot, I'd use gold, and enjoy it.

If you want to pine on and on about how great Sony is for taking almost 2 years to catch up to what XBL has in some areas of functionality, feel free to. What's stopping MS from announcing their next wave of XBL features that'll stomp out what little stuff Sony has done?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

eNamrah said:
How many people on Xbox Live actually have gold accounts? They're certainly in the minority. There are supposedly 10+ million Xbox Live members and not all of them are gold.

You can't play online unless you pay for Gold. So does not mean not many people play their 360's online?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

mrstickball said:
Gold (I think) accounts for 50% of users.

FYI: Gold is about $35 a month where I live. If I used XBL a lot, I'd use gold, and enjoy it.

If you want to pine on and on about how great Sony is for taking almost 2 years to catch up to what XBL has in some areas of functionality, feel free to. What's stopping MS from announcing their next wave of XBL features that'll stomp out what little stuff Sony has done?

Maybe the fact that they haven't given any reason to justify the price tag yet? Bring us some announcments on features that will stomp Sony and then we can talk about that, until then...

I hear plenty coming from the Sony camp, nothing from MS for jeez... how long now?

The only thing they are charging you for is the one thing every other console developer (including handhelds) have been giving us for free. Basic Online play.

What's this "avatar" thing people are talking about? Will they be charging for that?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!