By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - StarCraft II isn't happening in 2008

"Speaking about the game's development, he explained that they were "about a third of the way through" the campaign, and were concentrating on story structure and cinematics at this point - commenting that by the end of the year, Blizzard should have something very impressive to show off.

Looks like you can ask for something else for Christmas, then - a street date for StarCraft II is still a while away. On the other hand, he also confirmed that for the Apple gamers among us, they are intending (as with most other Blizzard games) that there will be a simultaneous launch on PC and Macintosh, so you don't miss out."

http://games.internode.on.net/content.php?mode=news&id=3317

I did a search and did not see this posted yet, if I somehow missed it, my apologies.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

Yea, I am not expecting SC2 until ~Summer 09 at the earliest

Games I am looking forward to:

PC: Diablo III, Fallout III, Stacraft 2, Spore, Empire: Total War, American McGee's Grimm

360: Madden 09, Fable 2, Left 4 Dead, Blood Bowl

“Go ask [Blizzard president] Rob Pardo if PC gaming is dead – if he can take the time out from making money hats, I’m sure he’ll give you a really eloquent explanation of why probably the most valuable entertainment franchise of the moment is PC-specific.” - Gabe Newell

^Reading your sig, i'll be right there with you on D3.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

thats slower than i expected, and if we go by that speed it will be end of 2010 till diablo 3 release.
guess i have to look for some other games in in meantime...

Good and bad news imo. While I really wanna play SC2 im glad that they are taking their time. Plus if it was going to come out in Q4 of this year i'd be hard pressed to find time to play all the other great games coming out on the consoles. If I had to take a guess, it will prolly be realeased Q3-Q4 of 2009 well after the release of Wrath of the Lich King xpansion.

Consoles Owned: Sega Genesis, NES, PS2 (RIP) N64, Xbox, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii

"In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs it is rule."

~ Friedrich Nietzsche

Around the Network

Well it's kinda expected of Blizzard to take their time with their games. It's for the best though. They have some serious stuff to live up to and they've proven to be quite good when they take their time

Anyone who has followed Blizzard in the past probably knew that already, but i suppose it's nice (in a cruel sort of way) that they confirmed it for us.

Heck, some Blizzard followers might not be willing to get their hopes up until it goes Gold Master - until then they may pull a SC:Ghost on us .

You know what I think though? They are welcome to take as much time on their cinematics and story as they want/need. Those things are practically why I buy the games; beautifully directed, animated, etc. I wouldn't want them to suffer just so i could get my zerg on earlier.

EDIT: And re: Diablo III, I wouldn't expect it till the FY after SC2, for the same reasons.

Please, PLEASE do NOT feed the trolls.
fksumot tag: "Sheik had to become a man to be useful. Or less useful. Might depend if you're bi."

--Predictions--
1) WiiFit will outsell the pokemans.
  Current Status: 2009.01.10 70k till PKMN Yellow (Passed: Emerald, Crystal, FR/LG)

Hmm, this is Blizzards biggest weakness; the enormous waiting times inbetween sequels is unbearable... At least for me. 10 years between games is far too long, but I can't say I'm surprised that this won't release this year.
But, all in all, I'd rather wait long for the best games in the world than be served weekly or monthly doses of unchained feces if given the choice.

GOTY 2009?

pichu_pichu said:
GOTY 2009?

Diablo III GOTY 2009!!!

Currently playing: