By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii is as powerful as original Xbox

ckmlb said:
Legend11 said:
ckmlb said:
If innovation is the measure of a new generation then I guess the power glove was its own generation since it was innovative.

The argument whether the Wii is next gen or not doesn't really matter in the end because the Wii is not trying to compete graphically.

The bigger problem is if the Wii changes to focus of the video game business towards casual non-gamers then this is a problem... I mean fuckin Ubisoft is making a game called BABYZ

BABYZ?????????

Wonder if they're taking the 1999 computer game called Babyz and upgrading it?

Wikipedia page of Babyz pc game:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babyz

I believe so. Now they got BABYZ, CATZ, PETZ, BRATZ all kinds of wrong there.

Also I want to shoot he guy who named these titles.

It'll be ok, I think.

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:
This has been discussed to death endless times...I am close to locking it, but it is a legitimate story. If this deteriorates into pointless "Wii is not next-gen" debates or whatever, I'll close it, cause we've gone through this like 3 times now.

How many times do we need to argue about the blu-ray drive not being needed?  That thread is going strong with people bashing the PS3 so why don't you threaten to close that too?  At least this thread had new information, not statistics from 2005. 

windbane said:

Well, in every other thread the Wii is praised while the PS3 and 360 are stomped on.  The comments are news worthy because we have a confirmed report from a real developer that the Wii is about as powerful as the Xbox 1.

What kind of logic is it to suggest that trolling and whining are acceptable if there is enough "counter" trolling and whining going on elsewhere?

I'm not questioning the article's validity. I AM, however, noting that the thread has deteriorated into the aforementioned. 

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

Smash_Brother said:
windbane said:

Well, in every other thread the Wii is praised while the PS3 and 360 are stomped on. The comments are news worthy because we have a confirmed report from a real developer that the Wii is about as powerful as the Xbox 1.

What kind of logic is it to suggest that trolling and whining are acceptable if there is enough "counter" trolling and whining going on elsewhere?

I'm not questioning the article's validity. I AM, however, noting that the thread has deteriorated into the aforementioned.

You are the one whining.  Every single positive PS3 thread deteriorates into trolling and whining by Wii fans.  I don't like to question the bias of moderators but when you have 2 threads that are complete rehashes but this one at least presents new information and you threaten to ban this one, how is that fair?  Please, tell me.

windbane said:

You are the one whining.  Every single positive PS3 thread deteriorates into trolling and whining by Wii fans.  I don't like to question the bias of moderators but when you have 2 threads that are complete rehashes but this one at least presents new information and you threaten to ban this one, how is that fair?  Please, tell me.

Do you want me to post a list of positive PS3 threads which have no Wii fans in them or are you going to stop generalizing on your own?

The past 7-8 posts in this thread are filled with the exact same nonsense which the mod even asked people not to start again, going on and on about "Wii isn't next gen", "non-games killed my family", etc.

If this deteriorates into pointless "Wii is not next-gen" debates or whatever, I'll close it, cause we've gone through this like 3 times now. 

Remember? 

Basically, you're STILL saying that all of the flaming and trolling that's happened against the PS3 justifies this thread. Are you going to figure out why that logic doesn't work or am I going to need pictures to demonstrate it?

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

Around the Network

Smash_Brother, you're not hispanic, are you?

windbane said:
Smash_Brother said:
windbane said:

Well, in every other thread the Wii is praised while the PS3 and 360 are stomped on. The comments are news worthy because we have a confirmed report from a real developer that the Wii is about as powerful as the Xbox 1.

You are the one whining. Every single positive PS3 thread deteriorates into trolling and whining by Wii fans. I don't like to question the bias of moderators but when you have 2 threads that are complete rehashes but this one at least presents new information and you threaten to ban this one, how is that fair? Please, tell me.

Fair this place.  PS3 hate threads go 5 pages, wii thread is closed before it hits the second page.

Its good to see the devs speaking the truth!

kber81 said:
Next-gen? Busted !

Right!

Nintendo has busted the walls of their bank vaults from all the mad money they're making selling past-gen technology!

Wow this thread has turned out great. The new war cry of the Sony Trolls, "Nintendo is mass producing games for casual gamers and killing the market!" Yeah, how dare Nintendo ignore the minority of gamers, oh wait, they aren't. Funny how no matter how deep the shit gets for Sony we all get the excuse that, "It's only the first year, give it a break", yet god forbid the Wii have a slow start like the DS did.

You wanna know what the real problem with Nintendo is here? THAT IT'S NAME ISN'T SONY!!! There's nothing Nintendo could do that you wouldn't spit on for the sake of saying Sony could've, is or has done it better. Nintendo could give you everything you've ever wanted in gaming and you'd still whine. Nintendo could have the most hardcore line up of games in the existence of any console and you'd still call it kiddy crap. God forbid Nintendo dedicate any % of its market towards anything in the way of unconventional audiences like children or girls, I mean if they're not putting their entire fortune into making FPSs, RPGs and Racing games then they might as well not exist. Right? Its amazing how the PS3 can come out with nothing but the same amount of crap during this same period of time and everyone just ignores it looking to the future instead and singing the praises of games not comming out for another year, but no... We can't afford Nintendo the slightest bit of faith that games might actually still keep coming out for it after December 31 2007. Obviously if this is the way Nintendo is now, that's the way its going to be forever. God such brilliant market analysis.

Can we lock the thread already? Its degraded into console bashing, racial slurs and a Gballzack tyrade, is there any other warning signs you need?

Smash_Brother said:
windbane said:

You are the one whining. Every single positive PS3 thread deteriorates into trolling and whining by Wii fans. I don't like to question the bias of moderators but when you have 2 threads that are complete rehashes but this one at least presents new information and you threaten to ban this one, how is that fair? Please, tell me.

Do you want me to post a list of positive PS3 threads which have no Wii fans in them or are you going to stop generalizing on your own?
The past 7-8 posts in this thread are filled with the exact same nonsense which the mod even asked people not to start again, going on and on about "Wii isn't next gen", "non-games killed my family", etc.
If this deteriorates into pointless "Wii is not next-gen" debates or whatever, I'll close it, cause we've gone through this like 3 times now.
Remember?
Basically, you're STILL saying that all of the flaming and trolling that's happened against the PS3 justifies this thread. Are you going to figure out why that logic doesn't work or am I going to need pictures to demonstrate it?

Dude, the point of the thread is to report that a developer is stating that the Wii is as capable as a last-gen console.  What the hell else are we supposed to talk about in the thread?  He basically said stop talking about this thread or he will lock it.  Meanwhile, Gballzack is in the other thread trying to tell us that blu-ray leads to low loading times when clearly that's been proven to be the opposite already.

Show me a PS3 thread that did not have negative Wii people in it.   Please.