By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - RUMOR!360 price drop to 299$ is just a refurbished one

brute said:
PooperScooper said:

Lol MS needed to sell those hundreds of thousands of consoles that RROD somehow to get their 1 billion back.

MS counts refurbed units into their shipment figures confirmed?

if this is true then yeah

To bad it doesn't show stock of the store. Because this store just might be selling one refurbed unit... but when they sell a refurb Im pretty sure its less than 300 dollars.

Around the Network

^i dont know,how much do refurbished go for on ebay?

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

brute said:
^i dont know,how much do refurbished go for on ebay?

I see $110 - $220

brute said:
super_etecoon said:
Yeah...I get the feeling that any 360 I buy will be a refurbished one.

we dont know if this is true,but otherwise why would kotaku post it?

I'm not referring to this story in particular...I just mean in general.

All those 360's being replaced have to go somewhere...and I have a feeling that Microsoft isn't throwing them away into some big dumpster.  I don't think they would be able to afford the garbage bill.  Man...that sounds like a troll statement...but it's true.  There's no way they're just throwing the old shells or defective units away.

Way to go at reporting the article without their update:

Update: Several Gamestop employees have altered us that the retailer has been running this refurb deal for the past month or so, thus negating anything it has to do with the rumored price-drop Xbox 360. Nothing to see here! Move along, move along.

Around the Network

The post has been updated:

Update: Several Gamestop employees have altered us that the retailer has been running this refurb deal for the past month or so, thus negating anything it has to do with the rumored price-drop Xbox 360. Nothing to see here! Move along, move along.

http://kotaku.com/397402/299-price-drop-xbox-360-is-refurbish-bwah

I love how people come to bash happily without wondering if it has any sense at all.

^Uh, did you even read the responses? Where is all this 'bashing' you reference? Or has the bar been lowered so that anything that isn't supportive of MS is a 'bash'?

brute said:
super_etecoon said:
Yeah...I get the feeling that any 360 I buy will be a refurbished one.

we dont know if this is true,but otherwise why would kotaku post it?

How long have you been a reader of Kotaku?  They post a LOT of unconfirmed rumors just to break stories and stay interesting.  Not all of their stories are true by a long shot :P

Most of the posts were talking about the "revelation" that MS are reselling refurb units.

Looks like it was jumping the gun.