By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mega Man 9 coming to all consoles

I don't know if this is news, but I didn't see a thread about it so I made one.

Mega Man 9 won't just be coming to WiiWare, but PSN and XBLA as well.

http://kotaku.com/397414/mega-man-9-coming-for-xbla-psn-as-well

Update: Capcom claims it's still Wii only.  Link

Around the Network

yep...which is fine by me.

Perhaps it will pave the way for a serious retro revival.

They should make megaman from x to x6.

RolStoppable said:
Meh, if it's coming to all consoles, I am not interested anymore.

Rofl.

OT:  Good news for PS360 owners.

We all have the chance to play this awesome game, NICE.

but.... how will 8-bit graphics look on HD?

Around the Network

Here is the orginal story.

Megaman 9 to be the first game to hit Wiiware, XBLA, and PSN

By Frank Caron | Published: June 27, 2008 - 10:59AM CT

Now that Nintendo's WiiWare has leveled the playing field across the board for downloadable content, it was only a matter of time before a game would be slated to hit all three console platforms simultaneously. Capcom will be the first to take the plunge, as the company has announced that Megaman 9 will be hitting the PlayStation Network, the Xbox Live Arcade, and Wiiware.

Megaman 9 is currently on the company's E3 roster, listed as a PSN and XBLA release. However, leaked scans from the latest edition of Nintendo Power reveal that the title is also going to be heading to WiiWare. Megaman 9 returns the series to its 2D roots, opting for classic sprites and old-school gameplay rather than glitz and glamor. Imagine that: a brand new "retro" release. But, for Blue Bomber fans, this may be just what the doctor ordered.

According to the text of the article, the game is being developed by Inti Creates, a group of long lost Capcom employees who worked on the Megaman Zero and Megaman ZX franchises. Expect further coverage of the title to follow, as well as impressions from E3 later in July.

Tbone said:

yah .. for me X is the best series.

Prediction: it sells tons of Wii copies but flops hard on PSN and XBLA.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

The link in the kotaku article goes to another blog which doesn't provide any link, reprint, scan, or any thing to prove this...

http://arstechnica.com/journals/thumbs.ars/2008/06/27/megaman-9-to-be-the-first-game-to-hit-wiiware-xbla-and-psn

I'm not saying that it's not coming out for PSN or Live, just that I think this Article was a case of blog circle citing.

Edit: Megaman 9 is not on Capcom's E3 list either.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

NNN2004 said:
Tbone said:

yah .. for me X is the best series.

I think so too