By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rock Band 2 timed exclusive for xbox360

bardicverse said:
Thats fine by me. I decided from the start that since MTV is involved with Rock Band, that I would never ever buy it. MTV wants a game based on the rock genre, but refuse to play any MUSIC VIDEOS that are from the rock genre. All they show are hip hop and pop videos. Screw MTV for crapping on rock music and then trying to milk it via videogames.

Sorry, MTV is one of my top hated companies, right after the guys making the atom smasher in france.

That's probably because the pople running BET bought MTV. (And half the time they don't even PLAY Music Videos, It's just Reality-TV)

That's why VH1 >>> MTV, IMO.

Around the Network

Does anyone think that Rock Band rushing to launch in September, rather than November per usual screams of what Microsoft did with the XBOX 360 launching a year early?

We all know how that turned out... Hope RockBand doesn't suffer the same fate.

L.C.E.C. said:
bardicverse said:
Thats fine by me. I decided from the start that since MTV is involved with Rock Band, that I would never ever buy it. MTV wants a game based on the rock genre, but refuse to play any MUSIC VIDEOS that are from the rock genre. All they show are hip hop and pop videos. Screw MTV for crapping on rock music and then trying to milk it via videogames.

Sorry, MTV is one of my top hated companies, right after the guys making the atom smasher in france.

That's probably because the pople running BET bought MTV. (And half the time they don't even PLAY Music Videos, It's just Reality-TV)

You do know who owns VH1 right? I wouldn't have the heart to tell you if you didn't.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

NNN2004 said:
Why u people dont get both RB 2 & GH 4 ?? its better.

Unless something changes between now and change, their instruments probably won't be compatible with each other. Cept the Mics. And as some people have suggested, most possible buyers will only want one set of fake instruments in their living room.

L.C.E.C. said:

DUDE, For the last time, THEY'RE NOT RIPPING OFF. Harmonix didn't even really "Make" Guitar Hero.

Yes they are ripping off Rock Band. Harmonix repackaging and selling an already established Japanese game with a third party peripheral  maker (Red Octane) as their publisher for the orginal Guitar Hero doesn't change much other than it's possibly tradition amongst the sub-genre to keep one-upping each other with knock-offs.

I honestly don't care though. Whoever delivers the better Band game in the end wins my money. And if GH IV is the better game like you suggest (and I'm leaning that way myself) then so be it. I'm really not all that concerned about who did it first when it comes to entertainment, just who does it best.

I am sort of surprised that Harmonix would intentionally limit the sales of RB2, with GH4 coming so close behind. Harmonix should be going after new customers, that do not have a band game, versus trying to sell an upgraded version to their core base. Combine this with PS2 port they passed off as RB1 Wii, and the Guitar Hero brand get stronger.

Around the Network

so after alienating the Wii owners EA now screws the PS3 owners as well. Great move. I think Activision is happy beyond end.

For a second there I was worried.

How would I choose what to get? Guitar Hero World Tour or RB2?

Well, Thanks to Microsoft, my choice is much easier.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Ultimately RB2 vs GH4 will be about the song selection.

RB is doing at least one smart thing, carrying over DL content. If they have the ability, they should make all the songs from RB1 available as an inexpensive DL if you have an install of RB1 already, so that there is no need for disc changing.

But they have already pissed off Wii owners, now PS3 owners are going to have their turn at a meltdown. I wonder how long the exclusive is?

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709

Reading this thread it seems like fanboyism is alive and well.

Seriously though, if there are some key features in RB2 that won't be in GH WT, then RB2 may help sell systems as Christmas rolls around. But if they are pretty much the same then most will wait for GH WT on other platforms.

For me, I really like RB more then GH and not because of the instruments, the game feels more natural for some reason and I like the music selection more. But that is just an opinion.

Gnizmo said:
L.C.E.C. said:
bardicverse said:

That's probably because the people running BET bought-out MTV. (And half the time they don't even PLAY Music Videos, It's just Reality-TV)

You do know who owns VH1 right? I wouldn't have the heart to tell you if you didn't.

I know know that technically Viacom owns VH1, and they are "sister" stations, but they are still managed differently, and as far as I'm concerned, it's just better. Unforunately... they are starting to go more south though with the Rap/Hip-hop and the Reality TV shows...