By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rock Band 2 timed exclusive for xbox360

Amazing...Best 170 bucks I ever spent.

Around the Network
BrainBoxLtd said:

You mean DrumMania?

And I'm fairly certain Karaoke Revolution came before SingStar, also made by Konami.

I say rip off in a fairly casual sense and don't mean it as a insult. But to my knowledge Konami never made an entire Band Game (If they or anyone else did, my apologies) where all the before mentioned different rhythm games where combined into one multiplayer game with well designed team work dynamics that encompass four people in three different yet connected forms of gameplay. That, not playing with drums or a mic, was a new twist on an old trick to my knowledge. One Activison is stealing for the next Guitar Hero. And I don't mean stealing in some "they're evil criminals sense" just that their taking the idea for their own franchise.

And again, I don't care they're pinching it, nor do I care about Harmonix basically reusing ever Konami rhythm game ever made except the dance ones. The competition is clearly driving Activision to step up their game, and hopefully the same will apply to Harmonix. If not I'll probably get World Tour. Very interested in that touch bar thing they're doing with the Guitars. Seems like a very interesting new twist. =)

Yeah thats the one. I am also fairly certain Karaoke Revolution came out first, but couldn't find it with a quick internet search so doubted my memory for a moment. I also don't think ripping people off should be seen as an insult in anyway. That is how true video game evolution takes place. I just like to give credit to the people who actually tried it first, and who is actually getting ripped off (Konami in both cases so far as I can tell). I would be shocked to not see any of the Rock Band mechanics jacked for GH:WT, but so far we haven't seen a lot. There is create-a-character but that has existed in so many games for so long it shouldn't really count.

What Neversoft has managed to pull off is really pretty amazing. Based on the interview it is clear that Harmonix has been caught with itspants down on a lot of it. The mutterings of "Yeah that create a song feature is pretty cool and we totally thought of doing it but couldn't get it right," shows that. I have my doubts that Rock Band 2 will manage to keep up consequently, but it should still do a lot of new and interesting things and then jack all the good features from GH:WT plus a ton more for RB3.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

I would say this is a bad move for both parties. Rock Band is clearly NOT a system seller, so MS stands to gain very little with this.

The biggest loser will be Harmonix, GH already has a huge name recognition advantage over RB. Now it will have "timed" exclusivity over RB on 2 of the 3 next gen systems.

Nice, Microsoft :)

I haven't picked up the original Rockband yet. That $180 price tag is really expensive, but I might get the package eventually. Guitar Hero looks way cooler but Rockband is awesome considering it comes with drums, a mic, and a guitar.

But sales speaking, this will help some of those gamers that haven't jumped on the Rock Band wagon or like these games get a Xbox 360.

Im waiting on GH4. I was very happy with GH3 so im going to stay loyal.

Around the Network

RockBand just effectively cut off a few hundred thousand sales. Good job Rockband. I hope Microsoft paid well.

MS gained nothing.

PsWii fans who bought Rock Band will either

A. Not need to buy another game like it

B. If they do they will settle for GH:WT (who would spend so much money on a game and console that isn't unique to one system)

C. For the A people by the time its released they MIGHT upgrade then but they wont defect because of it.

PooperScooper said:
MS gained nothing.

PsWii fans who bought Rock Band will either

A. Not need to buy another game like it

B. If they do they will settle for GH:WT (who would spend so much money on a game and console that isn't unique to one system)

C. For the A people by the time its released they MIGHT upgrade then but they wont defect because of it.

PSWii fans aren't the target market stoopid silly person .

Its for people who haven't got a console yet, to "entice" them to purchase an Xbox360.

Tease.

DMeisterJ said:
RockBand just effectively cut off a few hundred thousand sales. Good job Rockband. I hope Microsoft paid well.

Weren't you just saying earlier in the thread that no one is going to be playing RB2 over GH4 anyways?

I need to remember your name, so I don't accidently read one of your stupid posts again.

NNN2004 said:
they said next year its will be released for PS3.

Didnt they say late 08 release for other consoles.