By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will the PS3 smash the 360 in sales this Christmas?

As of now, we all know that the 360 is getting served in sales:

Console PS3
Total
Console X360
Total

My question is, will the PS3 continue outsell the 360 and trample the console this Christmas...or will the system see some sort of turn around in Sales.

Def. of Smash- outsell it by about 200k a week.

ΑΦΑ

This is the era of the Shooter...

Around the Network

Absolutely.The 360 will be finished.

Smash? depends on your interpretaion of it.

I wouldn't say it will smash it, but it will probably manage 500-1000k more than it pretty handily (more if there is another price drop)

TWRoO said:

I wouldn't say it will smash it, but it will probably manage 500-1000k more than it pretty handily (more if there is another price drop)

Outsell it by about 150-200k a week

It will probably outsell it, Sony seems to have an easier time manufacturing it than Microsoft does the 360 and if both see a moderate price cut this year there will more than likely be adequate demand for the systems. So if Sony can manufacture more then they can sell more with everyone in a spending mood during the holidays.

Around the Network
jerseyboy609 said:
TWRoO said:

Outsell it by about 150-200k a week

In which case.... what do you mean by "Christmas" (If we are talking general holiday sales I would say it is the 6-8 weeks before Christmas day)

The margin in which it outsells it might increase slightly over the holidays. The percentage sales of both will look fairly similar to what they are now but the sheer numbers will be wider apart I think.

I agree

No way in hell. Sony has no chance will Gear 2 coming out.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

TWRoO said:

I would say that outselling the 360 by a million units during the holidays would definitly be "smashing" it.  500K would be a pretty serious victory for the PS3 as well.