By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GT5P outsells uncharted

1. It has outsold it for a while now.

2. Hits are as meaningless as profile views. Besides that, they've been at 3,000 apart from each other for the past god-knows-how-long.

Around the Network
Rock_on_2008 said:

I thought some people on this site claimed Wii Fit would outsell the Bible

lol

Rock_on_2008 said:
I thought some people on this site claimed Wii Fit would outsell the Bible and result in attach rates for Wii of 80% of Wii Fit sold per Wii console.
Wii Sports is like 95% attach rate with every Wii console, it helps it comes with every Wii sold.

I know like some people who think God of War III will sell 10 mln. I'm just messing with you rock on. I just thought it was ironic seeing criticism of  predictions from you. Anyway I think it would be a close call. Wii Fits sales seem to halted in japan, but they seem to have a constant rate in the other regions, and also seem to be contrainted by supply.

@ Op Well I expected as much since Grand Turismo is a very very popular franchise. Actually isn't it sony's biggest?

^^^Sony's biggest? Yes. The only game to outsell GT3 in the last 2 generations is San Andreas and Wii Sports. GT2 and GT4 were outsold by FF7, Wii Play, Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, and the other 2 GTA games. That's it. Oh, and GT1 outsold Mario Kart 64.

In order:

Wii Sports
GTA: San Andreas
Gran Turismo 3
GTA: Vice City
Wii Play
Super Mario 64
GTA 3
Gran Turismo
Mario Kart 64
Final Fantasy 7
Gran Turismo 2
Gran Turismo 4

Anyone else notice how GT4 was adjusted up recently? It used to be 8.5 million, but now it's 9.4 I think.

Around the Network
windbane said:
^^^Sony's biggest? Yes. The only game to outsell GT3 in the last 2 generations is San Andreas and Wii Sports. GT2 and GT4 were outsold by FF7, Wii Play, Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, and the other 2 GTA games. That's it. Oh, and GT1 outsold Mario Kart 64.

In order:

Wii Sports
Gran Turismo 3
Wii Play
Super Mario 64
GTA 3
Gran Turismo
Mario Kart 64
Final Fantasy 7
Gran Turismo 2
Gran Turismo 4

These are only consoles games right? Because there are many handheld games that outsold both some of those, and some that outsold all of them.

If this is a sign for the sales that the Actual GT5 will get, then it's a very good sign for sony.

GT5:P was always gonna beat uncharted. Around 40% (estimate, correct me if i'm wrong) of PS3s user base is in the 'Others region', and grand Turismo sells like crazy there.

PSN- williwod

Remember, there are no stupid questions. Just stupid people- Mr Garrison

sc94597 said:
windbane said:

In order:

Wii Sports
Gran Turismo 3
Wii Play
Super Mario 64
GTA 3
Gran Turismo
Mario Kart 64
Final Fantasy 7
Gran Turismo 2
Gran Turismo 4

These are only consoles games right? Because there are many handheld games that outsold both some of those, and some that outsold all of them.

Yeah, every pokemon is up there, and all the DS games that are still selling. Those are cheaper, though =)

Uncharted deserved a lot more than GT5:p in my opinion.

thats a shame i wanted uncharted to sell more

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"