By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GT5P outsells uncharted

I just noticed this, and gt5p outsold uncharted by 120,000.

People must really love this game, even though it is a "demo"

also people mario galaxy is catching up to uncharted in the hits department( about 3000)

also how do you guys think that the real game will sell given that prologue sold almost 2 million so far 

Around the Network

GT5 will sell 10M+.

GT5:P is on about 2.5M now, if you include the downloads.

By the time GT5 releases, (assuming in a year), the PS3 should have around a 22 million person install base. Attach rate should be quite high, I'd say 35%, so around 7.5 million - 8.0 million sales is my guess.

And it's a damn shame. Uncharted deserves more sales.

Of course, it bodes very well for the real GT5.

heh, demo...

Playstation Magazine (US) had a nice comparison:

Grid: 41 cars, 14 locations with 72 track variations, and 51 events totaling 136 races (plus Le Mans).

GT5: Prolouge: 71 cars, 6 locations with 12 track variations, and 40 events totaling 40 races.

I can testify that those "variations" on Grid aren't very different, either.

Anyway, Grid is $60 and GT5: Pro is $40.

Around the Network

No surprises. GT 5 P established brand. Uncharted new IP.

Gran Turismo 5 will outsell wiifit.

*bleu-ocelot* said:

Looks like it, but people on this site tell us that Wii Fit is supposed to outsell the PS3, or at least sell 20 million.

windbane said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:

Looks like it, but people on this site tell us that Wii Fit is supposed to outsell the PS3, or at least sell 20 million.

That's why some fanboys fail.

I thought some people on this site claimed Wii Fit would outsell the Bible and result in attach rates for Wii of 80% of Wii Fit sold per Wii console.
Wii Sports is like 95% attach rate with every Wii console, it helps it comes with every Wii sold.

GT 5 will have attach rates of over 25% per PS3 owner. One in four PS3 owners will buy GT 5.