By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - who is the DS for?

axumblade said:
Nintendo Fan Girl said:

ds is better than psp IMO! the games are $20-$30

FALSE.

according to amazon.com

New Mario Bros. - 32.99

Mario Kart DS - 34.99

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2 - 39.79

Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings - 35.99

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles - 34.99

The World Ends With You - 39.99

Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass - 34.99

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - 34.99

Pokemon: Diamond/Pearl - 33.99

DK Jungle Climber - 30.99

Animal Crossing - 31.99

And that's not to mention the million and one other games that are 29.99 (Professor Layton, Kirby Squeek Squad and the list goes on...)

Edit: Don't get me wrong. DK Jungle Climber, Animal Crossing, Professor Layton, Kirby Squeak Squad, and all the other games I spent 30-40 on were worth it at the time, I just wanted to voice that both the PSP and Nintendo have their share of games that are over 30 bucks.

You can find most of these games for $30 if you look around (not the square enix ones though).   For those saying the DS is for kids, thanks you for showing your true colors.  I don't think i can ever take one of your posts seriously again.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network

If you want a handheld just for games, get a DS. If you want multimedia functions in the mix, get a PSP. Also, get a PSP if you really like sports games, racing games or PES :P

DTG said:
The DS is far superior to the Wii in that it is truly for everyone, not just the casual gamer trying to escape reality but also the more hardcore gamer looking for a decent narrative and reason for his actions.

I don't think you can say that. The DS is purely a portable version of the Wii - the philosophy behind both consoles is basically identical.

I just spent all night playing WiiFit with my non-gaming brother (who is a professional DJ, and 30yrs old). He is now asking me if they are in stock around.

And considering I am now playing Okami on the Wii - that is most definitely a hardcore gamers game.

@kurakusa: That post of yours looks like trolling to me. Your one and only warning - otherwise its a day ban for you.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Wow - that Neogaf list makes me realize how many good DS games I haven't got yet.

Elite Beat Agents was also missing from my list - its an absolute "must buy" IMO.

And for a rare treat, with unique gameplay, challenging game, long adventure - and a twisted view on capitalism (and the world in general) - you can't go past "Tingles Rosy Rupeeland". Of all the DS games I have finished, this would have to be the most "rare". Its definitely worth it, in terms of "a study of unique game play" alone (solid 8-8.5/10 IMO).

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

shams said:
Wow - that Neogaf list makes me realize how many good DS games I haven't got yet.

Elite Beat Agents was also missing from my list - its an absolute "must buy" IMO.

And for a rare treat, with unique gameplay, challenging game, long adventure - and a twisted view on capitalism (and the world in general) - you can't go past "Tingles Rosy Rupeeland". Of all the DS games I have finished, this would have to be the most "rare". Its definitely worth it, in terms of "a study of unique game play" alone (solid 8-8.5/10 IMO).

Get Final Fantasy XII : Revenant Wings if you don't have it; it's one of the best DS games I've played (and I own more than 40) and a refreshing FF experience in its own right even a bit flawed in its RTS core.

Around the Network

The DS is for gamers of all ages. from the all the years of owning all the Game Boys i learned that nintendo knows how to attract gamers of all demographics. IMO handhelds arent suppoed to be pricey and/or powerhouses like home consoles. they're just meant to play games and be on the go, thats what gamers want and thats why they choose the DS..

The DS is for people who like Japanese games mainly.

I have probably said it before, but I actually do not know of any kids with a DS. I have a mother in her 60's with one, I am in my late 30's, actually anyone I know with one or see using on buses, trains or planes all are adults. I enjoy all sorts of games on mine from Resident Evil and Castlevania to Brain Games. I probably have used my DS more than any console or handheld since I was a kid playing my Atari 2600 non-stop.

Soriku said:
niksta2 said:
Soriku said:
1. The DS is $120, not $140.

2. Not very soon I bet. They're still having a lot of success with the DS.

sorry, I could've sworn I saw it on Amaon for $139

Wait...this is strnage. I went to sites like Wal-Mart, TRU, and Amazon and they all have it listed for $129. Did they up the price or something? But it's still not $140. But seriously, the DS has better support than the PSP...

Quantity or quality wise ? Untill not everyone agrees , please write IMO ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

are there any "advanced wars" games for the DS?

are there any fire emblem games?

is the "New Super Mario Bros." any good?

is Mario Kart DS any good?

just wondering, cuse I love FE and AW and I've heard good stuff about the new mario game