By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - It's Official Diablo 3 announced

Questions about party size and inventory. PArty size has been finalized yet, but probably similar to Diablo 2. 4-5 is about what Jay feels is prime.

Inventory is different, improvements for trading and exchanges. No finalized size though.

Another question about the gaming audience and attracting Diablo 2 characters and something about WoW, not really that important. :P

Question about classes and carrying over Diablo 2 ones. Jay says they're going to try and start fresh, maybe bring back some of them, it's not a goal to bring them all back.

Question asked about different energies for different classes, and they're going to explore this but no set plans as of yet.

Around the Network
FaRmLaNd said:
Starcraft 2 + Diablo 3 > Console gaming

Agreed.  These are the top two games that I am looking forward to across all platforms.

lol, I really hope enemies still explode when you hit them while frozen. That was the funniest thing to do when you had a freezing weapon.

lol, awesome. Deckard Cain returns!

only i can say is ... WOW

Question about hardcore and Diablo 3. They haven't decided if they're doing it or not, they won't know towards the end of development, but he says they probably will add hardcore mode since a lot of people enjoyed it. French guy was so funny asking. You know... Deeds will be remembered.

Question about loot. Question about boss killing and evenly distributing loot since fastest person who got it would get it. They have it set now that all the loot drops for EACH player so they all get what drops. NICE. A lot better than drop hackers. Hated those assholes. :)

Question about skill tree. No specifics but they're looking at allowing you to respec your character. That's pretty decent too, you don't have to have multiple characters now to have multiple builds.

Question about Witch Doctor being a spiritual replacement of the Necromancer. They don't view the Witch Doctor as a replacement though.

Question about how gear is different in Diablo 3. The core item system isn't drastically changed. So sounds like randomly generated items with min and max values for stats.

Sorry, have to go for a bit.

Around the Network

Hell... It's about time! ...

THE NETHERLANDS

What are you reporting rendo?

Why you don't provide a link, you want to feel important or something?

Also it will play really nicely on ATI/AMD depending on your naming preference, graphics cards. They have recently announced that they are working closely with key industry players ala Blizzard and co to optimize for their GPUs.

So if you're upgrading a nice 4850 should do extremely well for this game.

Tease.

Okay back. :P Didn't think it'd be that quick.

No items are set to drop for groups, so you can solo for gear just as well as group farming.

STupid question about what's been going on since 2001 and LOD. "We've been working" HAHA :P

Question about Male and Female characters and having different attributes. No difference, just physical appearance (aka the breast attribute). Glad they have that now too. Yes, I liked playing as a female sorc and playing naked. She was a cutie :o

Question about system specs. Can a computer that can run WoW run Diablo 3. They're looking at running it on a broad amount of specs and keep everything low/mid spec. They won't be using DX10 for Diablo 3 and they don't plan to. So there people, you won't have to buy a HIGH end computer just to play Diablo 3.

Question about a map editor/mod development. Diablo is a complex game and it's not a huge focus, but they haven't decided yet, which sounds a lot like a no. :P Who cares about MODs anyways, DIABLO 3 people.

Question about Diablo 2 runewords and bringing the system to Diablo 3 and expanding it. No comment at this time. So I'm thinking yes or something new, but similar.

That's all for the panel. :)

I'm reporting from watching the live stream for those that aren't and want to know RIGHT now what's going on. You want a link wait for youtube. Sorry for trying to be helpful to Diablo fans.