By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - FF7 remake sales

If final fantasy 7 was to be remade for PS3 how much do you think it will sell?

I think it has the possibility to sell about 7 million or more

discuss

My Top 5 Games of All Time

1. FF7 4. SSX Tricky

2. FE7 5. RE4

3. MGS4

VALENCIA CF

SACRAMENTO KINGS

Around the Network

When are you planning for it to be released? If now then 6 mln. If some time in the future please specify.

I agree with you that the game would sell a whole ton. I'd say 5 million is the minimum since this would be noticably different from any other remake Square has done and FF7 is held in a higher regard than any other game they've made. I don't care much about FF13, but I'd buy a PS3 for FF7.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

If it was released for PS3 now, It would probably sell around 4 or 5 million, with 1.5 mil on it's first day. It'd also move a heap of Systems, especially in Japan. If it were bundled with the PS3 in japan, it'd probably sell around 350000-500000 PS3s. Not that sure about how many Systems it would move in America, though.

PSN- williwod

Remember, there are no stupid questions. Just stupid people- Mr Garrison

Wow I was actually optimistic compared to you guys. Didn't expect that.

Around the Network

So, Square would spend more money to remake a game and have lower sales?

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

I dunno, outside of the people who actually played the game first time around who would buy it? I say you'd be looking at 3-4 million in sales.

steven787 said:
So, Square would spend more money to remake a game and have lower sales?

If they do remake the game I' woudl say it would go to Psp>Wii>DS(as an enhanced port)>ps3/360>ps3. I seriously don't think they plan on pouring so much money in developement on the ps3 with versus, xiii and then this. Most of the next games I beleive square enix will anounce will be on the cheaper platformes(ds, psp, and wii). They announced like 2 for the 360 and 3 for the ps3. That is alot of money. It's not like VIi would support a small budget either because it has to be perfect or it would suck for the VII fans. Now I know you guys will go " but the tech demo" well that was before square enx knew the ps3 was going to sell so bad compared to the ps2. ANyway I don't even see it this gen. Next gen is most likely when it will come. If it does come  this gen it will probably be on a cheaper platformer where time and cost isn't an issue and they could focus on keeping the quality(whcih I never saw compared tosome of the other ffs).

FF7 still stands as teh crown jewel of the series, and whle they wouldn't likely be able to sell as many copies they could still sell a significant number. They would more than make their money back, and they'd sell to a heck of a lot more than the peopel that played it the first time as some may suggest. It would draw a very large group of new players if it appeared on the PS3, and actually stands to sell more than the original depending upon how many of the people who purchased it the first time are willing to rebuy it. I'd imagine if more than half rebuy the game it'll match the first game's sales.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

It would easily sell over 10 million.