By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I hope the wii doesnt pass the PS2

I hope it outsells the PS2... even better, all the Playstation products combined. Also I hope Sony burns in hell.

Ok ok, you can take off the Sony burning in hell thing, but seriously, is not that important. Wii has Brawl, that's what matters.

Around the Network
Bloo! said:
Lol, it's going to pass it in no time.

its actually still 90 mil behind it,so no time soon

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

^ I'm guessing it would in 4 years

isnt the wii selling better than the ps2 beginning sales?

sorry dude

but the wii is selling better than the ps2

it WILL pass it :)

Proud member of the Fierce Fox Force.

"I strike spurs onto my Wii controller. And against Sony and MS I fling myself,
unvanquished and unyielding. 'O Wii!!!"

-The Nintendian Philosophy

Around the Network

Wii can and should outsell the PS2.

It doesn't really matter if you hope it won't pass it, because if it keeps on selling at the current rate, it will pass the PS2.

And why would you hope for that anyway? the wii is expanding the market even further. If anything, everyone should hope that it sells as well as it can.

PSN- williwod

Remember, there are no stupid questions. Just stupid people- Mr Garrison

sc94597 said:
The wii seems to be expanding the market more. Most of the ps2 were for it being a cheap dvd player. Also so will the wii. It will help new developers that are small such as high voltage break the shovleware streak, and various wiiware developers. This is because development costs are so low. So while your points are valid for the ps2, I believe they are even more so for the wii.

Nintendo fanboys always make excuses when other systems sell well. Isn't it possible that it was just an amazing system with a great library of games? And by saying "most," you're implying that the majority of people bought the PS2 as a cheap DVD player. Are you really suggesting that 60 million or more people worldwide bought the PS2 for a DVD player and nothing else?

Hell, I don't know pricing history, but I'm sure that by the time the PS2 was in large enough stock for people to buy it just to use it as a DVD player, normal players were probably cheaper.

Poor excuse. A great system sold well. People weren't buying replacements, nor DVD players.

I hope does it because i think that it should deserve it.

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

The reason why I care is because the ps2 has some sort of pizazz to it(which isn't in any other con