By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Hirai: ‘True’ next-gen titles are only on PS3

leo-j said:
jrix said

lair???? amazing graphics?? are you blind or are you using ps3 fanboy glasses??

Just because the game sucked doesnt mean it has bad graphics, Lair has amazing graphics.

glitchy, blurry amazing graphics... lol

Around the Network

Uh... did somebody just say Half-Life 2 was better on a console than on a PC? I couldn't read the whole sentence, because I was laughing so hard I puked all over my crotch.

jrix said:
leo-j said:
jrix said

lair???? amazing graphics?? are you blind or are you using ps3 fanboy glasses??

Just because the game sucked doesnt mean it has bad graphics, Lair has amazing graphics.

glitchy, blurry amazing graphics... lol

In terms of PS3 games probably yes. But in terms of 360 games hell no. This is because most multi plat games on PS3 are worse with bad frame rates. So probably PS3 owners thinks it looks good.

Cremator said 

In terms of PS3 games probably yes. But in terms of 360 games hell no. This is because most multi plat games on PS3 are worse with bad frame rates. So probably PS3 owners thinks it looks good.

Yes which is why killzone 2, looks miles bettr than anything on the 360.

mM

Kaz can talk all he wants, but the market has spoken: the true next-gen is not on his console.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

Around the Network
Millennium said:
Kaz can talk all he wants, but the market has spoken: the true next-gen is not on his console.

That means the ps2 is true nexgen since its still outselling the 360, and has the biggest install base.

mM
leo-j said:
The Ghost of RubangB said

If by "complete shit" you mean "technically superior in every way" you are completely correct.

No, Im talking about the games the PC has compared to the games consoles have.

Can you play super mario galaxy on a PC? No

Can you play Legend of zelda Ocarina of time on PC? No

Can you play GTA 4 on the PC? NO

Can you play MGS4 on the pc? No

CAN YOU PLAY A MEDIOCORE CRYSIS ON THE PC? Yes, and watch pretty graphics.

Not to mention that you can play the best PC has to offer on the consoles and thats HALF LIFE 2, and no the PC version is not superior.

Eh... Spore will be the best. Aside from that their are genres that just out and out don't work on consoles. Like RTS and complexed TBS games.

Also... GTA4 likely will be on PC within a year... and yeah. Halflife is better on PC. It's called Mods.

"He also added that while the PS3 launch was a ‘difficult time’, the future’s looking good for the console after Sony re-positioned it to focus more on gaming - and the platform holder’s sales targets have been met."

It was about freaking time you guys did!

To Nintendo fanboys here finding the need to flame around in this topic, buzz off to your own desert island for once!

I'm getting fed up with Nfanboys and Sony Fanboys finding the need to start stupid flames in these kind of topics.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

leo-j said:
Cremator said 

Yes which is why killzone 2 looks miles better than anything on the 360.

Fixed.

Haze screenshots looked way better than Killzone, they were even compared to Crysis.

WTF!!!?!??!!?!? WAIT.

Haze looked quite average.

And you can't trust the subjective opinions of previewers because they tend to be extremely positive, otherwise they wouldn't get to do previews now would they?

So ya, wait for the game to ship... Don't want another Laze/Hair

Tease.

Kasz216 said:Eh... Spore will be the best. Aside from that their are genres that just out and out don't work on consoles. Like RTS and complexed TBS games.

Also... GTA4 likely will be on PC within a year... and yeah. Halflife is better on PC. It's called Mods.

Spore will be the best because what? You say so?

mM