By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Hirai: ‘True’ next-gen titles are only on PS3

The Ghost of RubangB said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:
Will Wright doesn't make mistakes.

The Sims Online says hi.

Was that before or after EA took over?

Does it matter? It was still Will Wright's idea.

Around the Network
*bleu-ocelot* said:
Will Wright doesn't make mistakes.

The Sims Online says hi.

Was that before or after EA took over?

Lol Sims Online was great until it had to be sustained, the economy got screwed up mainly because EA didn't know what they were doing, you might want to note that next time you try to detract Will Wright's awesomness, the man will and has already mind jacked you into knowing his name, he can do much more.. when he wants to... in fact I think he already did XD Wait till september ;)

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Wouldn't true next gen titles only be on PS4 in his case. Cause my understand is PS3 is the current gen.

People overuse the word next gen too often. Next gen is no longer referring to the 7th generation, both as an era and from a technical standpoint.

^ My point exactly. :p

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

vaio said:

rge; color: #ad2926; font-family: Arial;">Hirai: ‘True’ next-gen titles are only on PS3

PlayStation boss cites MGS 4 as first of many big hitters; ‘difficult’ launch now behind the platform holder

Kotaku reports that SCE president Kaz Hirai has stated that that PS3’s titles boast superior quality to its rivals.

“As PlayStation 3 approaches the second anniversary of its release, the release of PS3 software titles with the true generation quality only available on PS3 is accelerating,” said the Sony exec.

He also added that while the PS3 launch was a ‘difficult time’, the future’s looking good for the console after Sony re-positioned it to focus more on gaming - and the platform holder’s sales targets have been met.

"However, by refocusing the positioning of PS3 first and foremost as a gaming platform, we were able to bring an attractive title lineup and achieve a sufficient number of PS3 sales as expected in the fiscal year 2007 holiday season," he added.

He didn't say true next-gen is only available on the PS3, he said titles WITH true next-gen quality that are ONLY available on the PS3 are starting to increase.  This whole thread was created because the OP misunderstood what Mr. Hirai was trying to say, OMGSH!!H!@#11  He was merely referring to PS3 exclusives of high caliber, such as MGS4....and Haze!!!  haha

Currently Playing:

PS4 - Killzone:SF and Assasins Creed 4

XBox One: BF4, CoD:Ghosts, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5

Changing channels with my voice: priceless!!!

Around the Network

"true generation quality only available on PS3 is accelerating" means only on PS3.

He's basically saying "our games are the best."  Every company says that, so whatever, that's fine.  But when they throw in the word "the only true next-gen" they're pulling their same old "the next gen starts when we say so!" bullshit they were saying before they launched.  Saying it now is 100 times stupider than it was back then, and it was pretty damn stupid back then to begin with.

I like Hirai alot more than Kutaragi. He still talks up the PS3, but he's not as cocky about it. Now if someone will just beat Peter Dille with a pipe wrench then I will be able to say that I there isn't anyone at Sony I detest.

I give this thread a 9.4.

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

WEWdeadeye said:
vaio said:

rge; color: #ad2926; font-family: Arial;">Hirai: ‘True’ next-gen titles are only on PS3

PlayStation boss cites MGS 4 as first of many big hitters; ‘difficult’ launch now behind the platform holder

Kotaku reports that SCE president Kaz Hirai has stated that that PS3’s titles boast superior quality to its rivals.

“As PlayStation 3 approaches the second anniversary of its release, the release of PS3 software titles with the true generation quality only available on PS3 is accelerating,” said the Sony exec.

He also added that while the PS3 launch was a ‘difficult time’, the future’s looking good for the console after Sony re-positioned it to focus more on gaming - and the platform holder’s sales targets have been met.

"However, by refocusing the positioning of PS3 first and foremost as a gaming platform, we were able to bring an attractive title lineup and achieve a sufficient number of PS3 sales as expected in the fiscal year 2007 holiday season," he added.

He didn't say true next-gen is only available on the PS3, he said titles WITH true next-gen quality that are ONLY available on the PS3 are starting to increase.  This whole thread was created because the OP misunderstood what Mr. Hirai was trying to say, OMGSH!!H!@#11  He was merely referring to PS3 exclusives of high caliber, such as MGS4....and Haze!!!  haha

I believe you are correct. It is the releases that are only available on the PS3 that are accelerating. These tittles are also true generation quality, such as Gears of War 2 will be, or a big Wii release.

The writer of the article took the quote out of context.

Words Of Wisdom said:
Squilliam said:

Don't want another Laze/Hair

Yes, no one wants another Laze/Hair. 

Actually only SONY fanboys/PS3 owners don't want another Lair/Haze

ofcorse he will say that.