By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360 Pro to drop $50 in North America in July for E3 - impact?

Via kotaku:

http://kotaku.com/5020052/retailer-ad-shows-xbox-360-price-drop-hits-before-e3

$50 price cut, says kmart ad that is leaked.  Thoughts?

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

Around the Network

Any word if the other models will get a price drop?

Well, someone thinks that it will go to 100k weekly afterwards.

west-phoenix-az said:

Well if the Pro drops to $299, the Core HAS to go down, as it is at $279.  I could see them dropping to $239 to get below the Wii.

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

Maybe, there is already a lot of the answer you ask in this thread:

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=30947

I have not read, but there is more than 45 posts in this thread about this subject.

Around the Network

this will only effect NA sales, the price cut failed in others, WW PS3 sales will still be above 360 sales (unless NA price cut gives 360 more weekly sales than the Wii in NA)

if it does i will probably buy one. but i will still buy guitar hero world tour on the wii.

the nintendo wii will outsell the ps3 and the 360 combined by the end of 2008.                           

PS3 will out sell the 360 june 2010.                                                                      

GOTY of 2008 is super smash brothers brawl.... hopefully.

END OF 08 PREDICTIONS:

Wii: 45 million         xbox360: 26 million       PS3: 19 million (made beginning of 08)

wii: 44 million         xbox 360: 24 million      PS3: 21 million (made june 08)

wii code: 8094-5344-2140-1400

brawl code: 5412-9565-3232   

west-phoenix-az said:

I don't see why they wouldn't--$299 would make the Premium only $20 more expensive than the current Arcade, which would make the idea behind the Arcade completely pointless.  I expect either a similar $50 drop for the Arcade, bringing it down to $229, or $80, so it can hit the magic $199 price point.  Either that, or they'll eliminate the model altogether by positioning the Premium as the 'cheap' model.

The Elite will get $50 shaved off, as well.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

well the 360 pro in ireland cost than the wii so maybe a slight slaes boost but nothing major

Gahhhhhhhh! Now I need money. But I REALLY don't want to get a job. Maybe I should bleed my bank account. I was expecting a fall price cut; this summer I don't have all that much to do, so getting a $300 360 now will be great. I'll be getting a 360 soon now hopefully!