By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360 Pro to drop $50 in North America in July for E3 - impact?

I doubt they will eliminate the Core. These are actually popular replacement units while the upper class models are being fixed, especially the elites. You can even buy a new Core, plug in your old hard-drive and you have a fully functional Premium.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

Around the Network

I'll buy one for $300.00.

man.. now lets see what Sony does. Frankly all Sony needs to do is release their Greatest Hits titles.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

The price drop will continue to keep Sony in 3rd in North America.

PS360ForTheWin said:
this will only effect NA sales, the price cut failed in others, WW PS3 sales will still be above 360 sales (unless NA price cut gives 360 more weekly sales than the Wii in NA)

Are you kidding? It has given the 360 an extra 15-30k in sales every week! I don't think the American price cut will boost sales as much as the European one has past the first week but the point is, the price cut definitely hasn't failed.

Around the Network

I'm sure it will have some affect, but not enough to reverse the trend of PS3 outselling it WW.

Huh, I thought MS would have waited until fall. It seems like a bit of a waste cutting the price during the slow part of the year. Hopefully it's a $50 cut on the arcade as well, I'd like to pick one up for $250 after tax when my 360 dies.

this shows how desperate MS has become, the Wii and PS3 are starting to leave it in the dust and they actually think a 50 cut will help, you had your year head start but it's all over boys.

ministaff said:
if it does i will probably buy one. but i will still buy guitar hero world tour on the wii.

I heard that Rock Band for the Wii isn't as good as the PS360 versions.

Currently Playing:

PS4 - Killzone:SF and Assasins Creed 4

XBox One: BF4, CoD:Ghosts, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5

Changing channels with my voice: priceless!!!

WEWdeadeye said:
ministaff said:
if it does i will probably buy one. but i will still buy guitar hero world tour on the wii.

I heard that Rock Band for the Wii isn't as good as it is for the PS360.

Just another rushed port from the superior original

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger