By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NA sales up! X360 > Ps3

HappySqurriel said:

We will see what happens in a couple of weeks, but I suspect that the demand for the 80GB unit couldn't account for more than (about) 20,000 units which will diminish over time (as everyone who cares about Metal Gear Solid owns a PS3). Certainly, there will be a decent boost the next time they're available because of the build up of people waiting, but this boost will still not be that amazing.

You do know that the 70,000 80GB bundles sold out in one day don't you? The demand is way more than 20,000 units.

Around the Network
Oyvoyvoyv said:
NJ5 said:
Soriku said:

Btw, the Wii is gaining more marketshare! Currently at 45.9%.

Gotta love the folks who still think 50% won't happen, even though Nintendo didn't even increase production yet.

Yeah, in 2008, Wii has sold 8.9M, Ps3 4.8M and X360 3.6M, so Wii has had 55% market share so far.

true, BUT!

If you flip 4.8 to 8.4 and 3.6 to 6.3. Then the Wii's marketshare is only 37.7 %

If the 80GB can really have this big of an impact, I would move that thing into Others pronto.

Nintendo fans: Wii back on top!!1!

Sony fans: 80 gig!!1!

Microsoft fans: ...

HappySqurriel said:

We will see what happens in a couple of weeks, but I suspect that the demand for the 80GB unit couldn't account for more than (about) 20,000 units which will diminish over time (as everyone who cares about Metal Gear Solid owns a PS3). Certainly, there will be a decent boost the next time they're available because of the build up of people waiting, but this boost will still not be that amazing.

The deciding factor for most people in purchasing the bundle isn't MGS4.

It's BC....... A huge majority of the people buying a PS3 at this point were PS2 owners ( I really don't think there are that many people that were hardcore enough to have a GC or an Xbox last gen  that are buying a PS3 at this time..)

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network
azrm2k said:
leo-j said:
Yea sure Im going to wait for NPD.

Seriously???  Even after NPD proclaimed doom for HD consoles after GTA there are still fanboys who want to believe VGC has a Wii bias and NPD will be your savior?

Now when did I ever any of that?

mM
tombi123 said:
HappySqurriel said:

You do know that the 70,000 80GB bundles sold out in one day don't you? The demand is way more than 20,000 units.

Just because they sold that many units on the launch day of a bundle, which happens to be the same day as the release of the biggest exclusive game for the PS3 to date (which was bundled with the console) doesn't mean that there is a sustained demand for the consoles at that rate.

Wow, I haven't felt like dancing in so long, but I do now. Good game Nintendo, lol, there can be only one!

SICK Nintendo sales, lol.

PS3 supply constrained.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Aj_habfan said:
If the 80GB can really have this big of an impact, I would move that thing into Others pronto.

I'd do more than that. I'd discontinue the 40 gig and replace it with the 80 gig at the same price. That way they def. wont lose sales so it can't get any worse and it would most likely raise sales.

"normal" wii sales... GO WII!!

We are Wii....Waiting for Pikmin 3! and Pikmin 2 NPC...

Playing:

- Donkey Kong Country Returns

- Minecraft!

-  Venezuela FTW!