By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Castlevania Judgement for Wii... and it's a fighter?!

After the initial shock wore off I'm actually somewhat interested, and want more info. This certainly isn't some half-assed spin-off (look at the graphics). I figure after the DS games Konami has earned the benefit of the doubt, so I'll say I'm cautiously optimistic and really looking forward to more info.

Around the Network
naznatips said:

After the initial shock wore off I'm actually somewhat interested, and want more info. This certainly isn't some half-assed spin-off (look at the graphics). I figure after the DS games Konami has earned the benefit of the doubt, so I'll say I'm cautiously optimistic and really looking forward to more info.

Cautious optimism is reasonable (I'm not a fighter fan, so I don't share it), but if you could only have one or the other, you'd probably take a Castlevania action-adventure game over a Castlevania fighting game, right? I just don't get what Konami's getting at here.

naznatips said:

They earned reasonable doubt only if the title were akin to the DS iterations.  This is on its own merits.

This is from the left field of left field.  Konami hasn't created a very good lasting impression upon me in the fighting genre.  This is the last fighting game from Konami I ever played.

http://ign64.ign.com/objects/002/002172.html

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Desroko said:
naznatips said:

Cautious optimism is reasonable (I'm not a fighter fan, so I don't share it), but if you could only have one or the other, you'd probably take a Castlevania action-adventure game over a Castlevania fighting game, right? I just don't get what Konami's getting at here.

The shock and disappointment is still within me and won't wear off until I see decent reactions to the game.

Desroko said:
naznatips said:

Cautious optimism is reasonable (I'm not a fighter fan, so I don't share it), but if you could only have one or the other, you'd probably take a Castlevania action-adventure game over a Castlevania fighting game, right? I just don't get what Konami's getting at here.

Not a 3D Castlevania... hell no.  This is absolutely better than a new 3D Castlevania.  As for 2D Castlevanias, that's why I own a DS... I already got the new 2D Castlevania announcement I wanted on DS, and it looks great.  Now I get something different on Wii.  I don't really see the problem.  Seem's stupid to not own a DS if you are a Castlevania fan, as Dawn of Sorrow is easily the best game in the franchise's history.

Around the Network
dallas said:
This can't be real....I can't imagine the wiimote being used for a fighting game

You clearly haven't played Mortal Kombat, DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 2 & 3 Wii, or Bleach: Shattered Blade (EPIC WIN)

It ups the fun and immersion factor highly for all those games, particularly BT3 and Bleach.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
naznatips said:
Desroko said:
naznatips said:

Cautious optimism is reasonable (I'm not a fighter fan, so I don't share it), but if you could only have one or the other, you'd probably take a Castlevania action-adventure game over a Castlevania fighting game, right? I just don't get what Konami's getting at here.

Not a 3D Castlevania... hell no. This is absolutely better than a new 3D Castlevania. As for 2D Castlevanias, that's why I own a DS... I already got the new 2D Castlevania announcement I wanted on DS, and it looks great. Now I get something different on Wii. I don't really see the problem. Seem's stupid to not own a DS if you are a Castlevania fan, as Dawn of Sorrow is easily the best game in the franchise's history.

Hello? Ever heard of SotN?

Mhm, that's a good point Naz.

As a DS owner, Ecclesia will undoubtedly be another fantastic title in the Castlevania series. And if they get Judgment* right (we'll see what happens as time goes by... *enters cautious optimism mode*) then we could have a great action fighter that also serves as fan service for Castlevania fans.

Like I said before, if they can use some innovative additions to the fighting genre (and keeping nostalgic Castlevania icons, such as hearts, enemies, and destructible environments), then we could have something special. Until then, I'll keep a careful eye on this one.

*Can I have a cookie Desroko?

What the hell?

ctk495 said:
Well this was obvious since soriku didn't make a thread about it that means it is not an rpg.

Yeah, I was like, I'm surprised Soriku didn't beat him too it. But that's the reason!