By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Megaman 9 confirmed for WiiWare

akuma587 said:
This is definitely a good thing, but doesn't this game deserve to be a longer, disc-based game rather than a WiiWare title?

Maybe Capcom has another Megaman game up their sleeves for Wii owners.

Disc based? WiiWare has a 50MB limit...

Megaman 2 is a 120KB file dude.

Around the Network
Chrizum said:
Wow, a new 8-bit Megaman? I wouldn't believe it if I didn't see it with my own eyes. This is crazy!

I hope they improve the controls though, as the NES megamans (megamen?) are kind of hard to control nowadays.

But yeah, wow. Didn't expect this obviously. I'm certainly interested.

They were a little loose, but not terrible. ever play a pre-SotN Castlevania? Now that's hard to control.

Excellent!! And on Wiiware! The games coming to Wiiware are just great! Lostwinds was excellent. Still want to get Dr. Mario, World of Goo, Bomberman and now Megaman.

Hmmm... What other classic games should they revive (or briing back to basics) on Wiiware? How about a true 2d Sonic...

holy shit!!! im with words of wisdom this will be my first vc/wiiware title

Fernando said:
akuma587 said:
This is definitely a good thing, but doesn't this game deserve to be a longer, disc-based game rather than a WiiWare title?

Maybe Capcom has another Megaman game up their sleeves for Wii owners.

Disc based? WiiWare has a 50MB limit...

Megaman 2 is a 120KB file dude.

Hahaha, hell yes.  Hopefully they'll keep it simple, but maybe put some extra polish into it with say, more enemies, more detailed backgrounds, more animation sprites, and tons of amazing oldschool music.

Control-wise, you guys are nuts!  All we need is a charging power buster and a slide move.

Around the Network
Riot Of The Blood said:
@Wow

Only thing Protoman has is that awesome theme music. Plus zero isn't a megaman clone. Hell, even bass is cooler than protoman.

Zero isn't even fit to carry Protoman's scarf. Heck, they gave Zero his own series of games and all that did was change him from badass to wussy.

woot back to the basics simple looking and addicting game play that no matter how many times I die I keep trying. Must buy !

This is freaking unbelievable. Does this mean they'll release the old Mega Man games on VC too? Unfortunately the Mega Man collection released on PS2 and GC had some issues, which kept me from buying.

DO want. Gonna DL this 1st day.

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

Words Of Wisdom said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
@Wow

Only thing Protoman has is that awesome theme music. Plus zero isn't a megaman clone. Hell, even bass is cooler than protoman.

Zero isn't even fit to carry Protoman's scarf. Heck, they gave Zero his own series of games and all that did was change him from badass to wussy.

GEEK FIGHT!

Protoman wins by default.

*runs*

Warning: The preceding message may or may not have included sarcasm, cynicism, irony, full stops, commas, slashes, words, letters, sentences, lines, quotes,  flaeed  gramar, cryptic metaphors or other means of annoying communication. Viewer discretion is/was strongly advised.