By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - White Knight Chronicle (Level 5) set for 2008 Fiscal Year!!!

Always good to hear about this game, and I'm incredibly glad that they still believe they can make it for 2008, even if it's just the fiscal year. I get worried when I don't hear anything for a while, but my fears have been assuaged for a while.

Around the Network

This game is going to live and die with its battle system. (obviously)

Fortunately it's Level 5 who is making the game and they have 3 of the Best RPG's on the PS2. (Dark Cloud 1 was also decent) Of the 4 they made, I think Rogue Galaxy was probably my favorite, such a great game. Jeane D'Arc was also pretty damn good.

Looking forward to this for sure

I can't wait. Been looking forward to this game for what feels like forever.
Feels like it was only yesterday I was watching the vids of this game.....wait it was yesterday.

This game is God.

How long has this game been in development?

It was announced back in 2006.

But, on wikipedia it says this:

"Level-5 plans to make White Knight Chronicles a 50-60 hour game, a length Akihiro Hino considers to be a full length RPG, going against the pressure to make White Knight Chronicles a launch title and cutting the story short."

And in 2006 IGN made this remark:

"The Tokyo Game Show [06'] will offer our first look at White Knight Story, which despite its recent unveiling, seems to be far along in development."

By it's release, I'd say the title will have taken close to 3 years to produce.

Around the Network
Dallinor said:

"Level-5 plans to make White Knight Chronicles a 50-60 hour game, a length Akihiro Hino considers to be a full length RPG, going against the pressure to make White Knight Chronicles a launch title and cutting the story short."

"The Tokyo Game Show [06'] will offer our first look at White Knight Story, which despite its recent unveiling, seems to be far along in development."

more like 3.5 to 4 years

Dallinor said:

But remember Level-5 also is working on DQIX,and other games.

*bleu-ocelot* said:
Dallinor said:

Every Level 5 game in development other than WKC are handheld games.  Handheld games take significantly less than to develop than console games and require less people to develop.

Riachu said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:
Dallinor said:

Every Level 5 game in development other than WKC are handheld games.  Handheld games take significantly less than to develop than console games and require less people to develop.

True,but isn't Level-5 a small development studio?

*bleu-ocelot* said:
Riachu said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:
Dallinor said:

Every Level 5 game in development other than WKC are handheld games. Handheld games take significantly less than to develop than console games and require less people to develop.

True,but isn't Level-5 a small development studio?

They aren't that small.  They are very well-known in Japan and among RPG fans