By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - White Knight Chronicle (Level 5) set for 2008 Fiscal Year!!!

Yay!

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network

I'm very excited for the game, Level 5 is an excellent developer.

darthdevidem01 said:
Aprisaiden said:
@darth

If Killzone 2 makes its February release date then i believe SONY will delay WKC a month or two... just to space out the content...

Really?? they appeal to two ends of a spectrum audience wise.....even though I will buy both, most people won't

It still wouldn't be a good idea to release two big exclusives at the same time even if they are different genres.  Look at the reason why S-E refuse to release DQIX and FFXIII in the same fiscal year

Looking forward to it, lets just hope they show something at e3.

Definitely looking forward to WKC, but I wouldn't say this is the first big JRPG on the PS3.  Disgaea 3 is a pretty big title as well IMO, and that's coming out in August.

Around the Network

I fully expect the game to hit Japan around the holidays. For the rest of us? We'll be waiting at least six months, unless Sony has suddenly convinced Level 5 to change their traditional localization practices. I'm sure we'll see a great deal of info on the game at TGS, and maybe E3.

But this is good. Eternal Sonata and WKC should help the ps3 out in Japan near the end of the year.

Hopefully.

jacks81x said:

Definitely looking forward to WKC, but I wouldn't say this is the first big JRPG on the PS3. Disgaea 3 is a pretty big title as well IMO, and that's coming out in August.

Disgaea games only sell 250-300K WW LTD.  It is not that big.

makingmusic476 said:
I fully expect the game to hit Japan around the holidays. For the rest of us? We'll be waiting at least six months, unless Sony has suddenly convinced Level 5 to change their traditional localization practices. I'm sure we'll see a great deal of info on the game at TGS, and maybe E3.

But this is good. Eternal Sonata and WKC should help the ps3 out in Japan near the end of the year.

Hopefully.

As DQ 9 is being released simulteneously....thats why I think maybe this one too

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
makingmusic476 said:

Hopefully.

As DQ 9 is being released simulteneously....thats why I think maybe this one too

WKC could see a Global release.  Rogue Galaxy and Dragon Quest VIII took a year to get localized because the developers wanted to improve the games from their original releases

darthdevidem01 said:
makingmusic476 said:

Hopefully.

We don't have a release date for DQIX.  It turns out that that article I posted a while back was just idiotic reporting.  The 1UP journalist took the made up date off of their own game page and used it in his article.

It also explains why no other source outside of 1UP seems to know about the date.